Need MD info regarding hunt area geology.

Crackerjack

Elite Member
The largest amount of my MDing will be in the Flint Hills of Kansas, and I'm wondering if the geology there will pose any special MD requirements. Here is a link to a geology web site for the Flint Hills:

http://www.kgs.ku.edu/Extension/flinthills/rocks.html

According to that web site, there is some magnetite in the Riley County kimberlites that I figure might be a problem, but I don't anticipate spending a whole lot of time detecting there, but the possibility exists.

The two detectors that I'm currently considering are the Teknetics Eurotek Pro and the Garrett AT Pro. Will these two machines be okay for the geology, or do I need to look at something else?

When the flint hills are covered in tall grass,

It may be the most beautiful, hypnotic place on earth. I can't answer your question, but I think that the cattle pens south of Emporia might be a place to try MDing.
HH,
John Morton

I would keep my eyes open for snakes, also.

The largest amount of my MDing will be in the Flint Hills of Kansas, and I'm wondering if the geology there will pose any special MD requirements. Here is a link to a geology web site for the Flint Hills:

http://www.kgs.ku.edu/Extension/flinthills/rocks.html

According to that web site, there is some magnetite in the Riley County kimberlites that I figure might be a problem, but I don't anticipate spending a whole lot of time detecting there, but the possibility exists.

The two detectors that I'm currently considering are the Teknetics Eurotek Pro and the Garrett AT Pro. Will these two machines be okay for the geology, or do I need to look at something else?

Two great picks. Just depends on your budget and what your wanting from the detector. The AT Pro has many more features but the Teknetics EuroTek Pro is the best entry level detector on the market.

Holler at me with questions. love to help you. Bart

Back
Top Bottom