Military Belt for MDing?

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Do any of you use those green military belts for MDing? :?: I have kind of thought that may be the way I would like to go. If I am not mistaken they can be individually tailored tot meet your needs depending on what you accessorize them with.

Felix,
Nothing wrong with a military belt. I went to Lowe's and got an adjustable toolbelt, a canvas tool pouch, they also have a set of cotton duck zipper pouches (3) that attach to the belt via loops. I picked up a few extra carboners, and now have an outstanding setup for the field for about $35. The belt has a quick release, which I find convenient. I can carry quit a bit of stuff with this setup, the belt just doesn't have the eyelets, but is otherwise the same type of material. Look under detector purchase / "must have accessories" for my post on what's in the setup.

WT - I did read the post. That's what made me think of the military tool belt thing. I like the eyelets because I think if I'm not mistaken I can hang things from there. I will check out Lowe's and take a look at the things you are saying. Thanks for the input!

Felix,
I got one carboner with the three pouches. I bought 3 more for about a buck apiece. I have these on the belt, and I drilled an extra hole in the handle of my small digger. I ran a piece of heavy guage wire thru it, and hang it from one of the carboners. Also did the same with a couple of garden tools in case they are needed. I originally tried nylon electrical ties, but they don't hold up. With the carboners, you can hang anything from them instead of adapting things to fit into the eyelets. Much easier!!!!

Thanks for the tips! I had the same thought about using electrical ties but I thought they might be weak.

Back
Top Bottom