Hello from Seattle Area!

Kobrie

Hi there, I'm brand new to the hobby. Just bought an Equinox 800 (since so much water around here). Having fun going out on the weekends visiting & learning historic locations. Bummer I live in one of the two cities in WA that doesn't allow metal detecting. Renton. Going to my first Cascade meet tonight to hopefully meet others interested in visiting historic locations and metal detecting. I've been to Fort Steilacoom, Nike Missile Station in Redmond (the park), Volunteer Park
and once to Puget Sound in Magnolia and learned about "hot rocks". Super fun so far...haven't found anything worth mentioning. If you are near my area and want to detect eves or weekends let me know!! My name is Kelley :) Happy Hunting!

.... Bummer I live in one of the two cities in WA that doesn't allow metal detecting. Renton. ...

Welcome from CA. Curious about Renton "no allowing metal detecting". I see that in section 12 of this :

https://rentonwa.gov/UserFiles/Serv.../Parks and Trails/Park Rules Regulations .pdf

But notice that's not border to border in Renton. That's just for their parks. So it would not apply to school yards, private land, other forms of city land, etc.... And although the "go-to" reason someone @ the city (and perhaps even the club members) will give you for that rule is "holes", yet I'll bet the reason is that years or decades ago, someone in Renton took it upon themselves to go asking "Can I?" Thus the rule. I may be wrong. It might have truly been dudes leaving holes. Who knows.

Kelley, Like Tom in CA said... I've hunted a sports park in Renton. I didn't ask permission and no one said a thing or called the police. If the law said no parks, then no parks, but the rest, have at it!

Thanks everyone for the welcomes and
about the tips in Renton! I appreciate it :)

Welcome from North Carolina Kelley!

You should have made some good contacts at the Cascade Treasure Club meeting, they have always been a good group. I was a member there in the 80's.

Gordy

Back
Top Bottom