Coin Roll Hunting Fails!!

equipmentandstuff

So, I coin roll hunt typically in the winter, but have done it all year long. i typically stick with halves, but have bought pennies to sort the copper and resell on Ebay. I have found Mexican 50 peso, 10-sided coins and silver Canadian halves, but this one takes the cake: 1938 British 1 Penny coin. What is the oddest thing you have found CRH?

Attachments

• DSC00137.jpg
    DSC00137.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 3,689
  • DSC00138.jpg
    DSC00138.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 3,169
Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. Hope you found that in a roll of halves ;) since a British One Penny is the size of a half dollar and wouldn't fit in a penny roll.
I have tons of British pennies.

I got 4 dimes out of a roll of pennies once and thought "who does that?"...lol

Its funny you said that, I got 6 rolls of pennies today only got a 1955, and a 1944, but in 1 of the rolls of pennies there was 1 dime in there. lol, I thought that was weird.

What I hate is when you get rolls and you get the feeling they were turned back in by another CRHunter.
I got 10 rolls of pennies yesterday with not a single good coin.
First time I tried this bank too cause they have their own coinstar machine and I was hoping they just bank rolled those but nope, they were hand wrapped that were turned in by others.
Haven't find a bank yet where they're bank wrapped.
Anyone know of any that have bank wrapped?

What I hate is when you get rolls and you get the feeling they were turned back in by another CRHunter.
I got 10 rolls of pennies yesterday with not a single good coin.
First time I tried this bank too cause they have their own coinstar machine and I was hoping they just bank rolled those but nope, they were hand wrapped that were turned in by others.

All I got were 2 wheat, 1941, 1948, and 3 1964 nickels out of all my rolls I got today. I even got 1 roll of quarters and every single quarter was the same one!!! Man I was soooo :mad::mad::mad:

Hey I have one of those how much do you think it is worth? That is pretty cool that you cound it while CRH. Cool find.

I have to buy my rolls in "Box" quantity to ensure i get fed wrapped rolls. If I orer before Tuesday morning at 10, I get them Thursday afternoon. I order all my Halves this way. They know me enough now to keep extra pennies on hand for me.

re: CRH

Yeah, I order as well from my bank and they love me...believe it or not. I was ordering pennies to copper-hoard until I had 10 gallon jugs full. I have been recently unloading them on Ebay and only have about 3 gallons left to sell who-hooo!!!!

I do Canadian Pennies and Nickels and so far my oldest Canadian penny was a 1920 King George V (1st year of the small Canadian penny)
I also got two 1909 VDB(no s ) Wheaties in one roll from the bank.

Oldest Can. nickel was a 1943,oldest American nickel was a 1946 Jefferson.

My last $25 box of pennies came with a 1967 silver dime in one of the rolls,a 1st for me.

I've been coin roll hunting mostly pennies,I get them by the sealed box to make sure they have not been searched .And sometimes loose rolls of halve dollars I did 10 rolls of 1/2's earlier this week it must have been someone's dump bank,all the rolls were marked76-96.Did 8 rolls today from a different bank and got (1) 1964 90% silver ,a 66,68.69 40% silver.I did find a silver dime in a penny roll once,but that was a quite a while ago and was before I got them by the box.

After I found that 1964 half dollar lastnight, I went to the bank today and they had $40 worth of Half dollars, What do you think happen??? Everyone of them were 1971-2001, Not even 1 silver in there but yet I happen to fine a 1964 at the beach last night. lol Funny how things work.

I bought a piggy bank at a yard sale for 50 cents. Shaken, you could hear something inside, but the owner couldn't figure out how to open it. It had one flat-head screw holding it together. I opened it when I got home and there was $2.87 in Canadian coins, including 6 silver dimes. The oldest was a George nickel.

Three years ago I bought another piggy bank and shaken you could hear a mushy sound (not coins). When I opened it there were 2 halves each wrapped in $5.00 bills. Not bad for a quarter!

I bought a US silver dollar, 1889, for $5.00. It was on a very tarnished belt buckle. I took it off the buckle and threw the buckle in the trash. Its' value then was around $35.

There are coins in the ground and all kinds of places. All you have to do is look for them.

Scrapping; you know, like melting them down. The copper in a penny is worth more for scrap, than the penny! But if you melt them it's Destruction of US coins.

I found a weird "penny" in a roll last week

I was going through my second to last roll and found a penny with nothing on it....I mean pefectly smooth front and back......is it a fake or a slug......why would someone take the time to make a fake penny.....any info would be appriciated....I can send pics if requested

I was going through my second to last roll and found a penny with nothing on it....I mean pefectly smooth front and back......is it a fake or a slug......why would someone take the time to make a fake penny.....any info would be appriciated....I can send pics if requested

It's what's called a planchet,which is a coin that did not get struck at the mint and came thur blank or just could be a slug?.

i know this is old but i felt the need to share the fact that today i was hunting 6 rolls of pennies and in one of them near the middle the coins stopped comming out. i opened up the other end and all but one coin came out. i pushed it out from one end and... wala! a nickel...

Back
Top Bottom