Here is why I still search boxes of brinks half dollars!

goes4ever

Elite Member
After many weeks of skunks sometimes I ask myself why do I continue to do this week after week, skunk box.... one after the other....then I get a box like this one last nite, and it reminds me WHY I continue to search brinks half dollar boxes!!!!

If you swing the bat enough times your bound to hit the ball sooner or later! I was WAY overdue for a GOOD box!

1-1964 kennedy 90% silver
3-Franklins
1-Walker
11- kennedy's 40% silver

Attachments

• DSC00087.jpg
    DSC00087.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,568
  • DSC00089.jpg
    DSC00089.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,452
now thats nice to see. I'm getting skunks lately as well. Thanks for the encouragement to keep at it.

Love seeing the Franklins show up, but the walkers are just awesome when you see one in a roll.

After many weeks of skunks sometimes I ask myself why do I continue to do this week after week, skunk box.... one after the other....then I get a box like this one last nite, and it reminds me WHY I continue to search brinks half dollar boxes!!!!

If you swing the bat enough times your bound to hit the ball sooner or later! I was WAY overdue for a GOOD box!

1-1964 kennedy 90% silver
3-Franklins
1-Walker
11- kennedy's 40% silver

WOOOHOO! Congrats!! :shock::D

My CU only gets $1000 boxes. Got one waiting when I get back from CA next week. (1st one)
Do you look at every coin, or edge hunt?

My CU only gets $1000 boxes. Got one waiting when I get back from CA next week. (1st one)
Do you look at every coin, or edge hunt?
1st step I unroll and edge hunt, then I quickly flip thru each coin to catch any missed dirty silvers. Surprisingly some will fool ya!

I can do a $500 box in under 20 minutes
$1000 box is NUTS! a $500 dollar box already weighs like 27 pounds or something....the little tellers now have a hard time carrying them out of the vault to me, no way they could carry a $1000 box!

Terry, Congrats on a great haul! Does your bank order the halves for you free-of-charge? Is there any kind of fee where you drop off the halves afterwards? Our bank charges 8% if you return more than $50 at a time in halves!

Terry, Congrats on a great haul! Does your bank order the halves for you free-of-charge? Is there any kind of fee where you drop off the halves afterwards? Our bank charges 8% if you return more than $50 at a time in halves!

no fees whatsoever, when I opened accounts I sat down with the bank manager told them my intentions of ordering coins every week would they do it with no fees? She said no problem, so I opened my account....same with dump bank, asked bank manager if I could dump $1000-$1500 a week in coins with no fees and they agreed, so I opened my account there, been using these two banks now for 5 yrs with NO problems...and NO fees :D

I USED to deal with wells fargo and they said they were gonna charge me fees after I had been dealing with them for 3 yrs....I told them right there that day I was closing all my accounts (I had 2 there) and I did so and never went bank.....their loss

Back
Top Bottom