Surprize when picking up my boxes today at the bank!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
KT went by the bank and the Loomis truck was still in the lot, so He parked The Royal Chariot over in the shade and waited until they pulled out. Parked near a ramp and went in with my hand truck. Gave the teller the money and she counted it, and then one of the bank assistants took my hand truck and went in the vault, in a couple of minutes coming out with my 5 boxes of halves. :D:D

As I was getting ready to leave the new young bank branch manager came up and offered to help so he held the door for me as I went out, then he came out to chat. He asked me if I was dropping the coins at another branch and called it by name...I said yes and they were always happy to see me. He said, "oh since you order early and the coins come with our regular order, there are no charges...but....The Loomis Truck Driver regular route takes him from this branch directly to the other branch. The driver pointed out that I can't be finding anything because he takes the bags from that branch, they roll them locally and then when I order, he brings the same boxes back again." :?::shock::?:

So KT replied, "Well that is not right, because of two things. One is that these are fed sealed boxes"...the Manager bent over and read the code and he said, "you are right, these are coming from the fed out of Kansas City!" Then KT said, "besides, I continue to find both silver and proofs in these boxes and if I was recycling the same boxes, then that would have stopped a long time ago!" :lol::lol:

He asked, "Are you finding some silver?" And KT replied, "when I get to where I do not, I will switch over to dimes or something else"....We looked at each other and realized...its the Loomis guy who had lied! Bank manager said, "Sounds like he is just tired of wrangling those half boxes, but that's his problem, not the banks!" I smiled and said "thanks, and it is very funny to learn what some folks will say to try and get out of a little bit of work!"

Anywho, the standard 5 boxes are in KT's Chariot, ready for him to get started on this evening! HI HO Silver....AWAY! :laughing::laughing:

KT will report back his finds in this thread for this week!

And that's how the "FEES" start. Lazy people not wanting to do part of their job.

Funny...you know more about the system than the bank does!!!

NICE!

Those Loomis guys are funny any way. There is a guy I always see at my bank and he is about 5'4" tall and walks fast with his hand on his gun:roll::laughing:

It makes me laugh every time I see him. Amazing what a gun will do for some people!!

good luck on silver KT

i read somewhere, a man was arrested for walking up to an armored truck knocking on window to ask how he could get an application to get hired on to the company. those drivers are real parinoid.

Prospecting

I have much more luck just hitting the banks im close to and buying the hand rolled halves. Last week wound up in one bank had 36 40%ers and 3 90%ers I bought $180 in halves. Been a hot couple weeks for me the last 3 weeks hit 76 40%ers and 9 90%ers.

Happy Hunting hope your silver finds you well!!!!:yes:

And that's how the "FEES" start. Lazy people not wanting to do part of their job.

Funny...you know more about the system than the bank does!!!

NICE!

Yeah this is a bunch of !!!! about a month ago my deposit bank I take all my funny money back to started to charge a fee on the penny arcade if you deposit more than $250 at a time. I usually have like $500 at a time. Greedy bastards. So I just do $250 at one then go to the other down the street!!!!:lol:

KT, I share your sense of surprise. On Wednesday, I called my bank to let them know that I was on my way to pick-up my boxes, and they did not have them. :shock: Apparently, the normal vault lady was on vacation, and the order did not get placed. Oh well, I did pick up one box from my second location, and took them up on their offer to start ordering two boxes a week. :D

Next week, I will be scouting out a new dump bank. I hate dumping more than 500 a week at any one branch. Maybe, I am just being paranoid, but I don't want to irritate anyone.

Brian

Sometimes, I feel like I am just a money launderer, but without the taint of drug trafficking. :laughing:

Brian

Hey KT, does that guy work for Brinks too? :?::lol: I had my dump bank teller say the same thing to me last week... that they just recycle them through the same branches around the city. I thought to myself, (if that was the case, they sure go through a lot of work to unroll all the ones I reroll just to put them back in to the machine brink rolls...) And that's when I knew that wasn't true... well that and the fact that I keep finding proofs and silvers too! :cool: I can't help it that some people's job just happen to be my hobby!! :p

Interesting to hear a couple of other examples of the same type of BS being put out there by some of the coin delivery company people....Only thing KT can think of is the guy is just a lazy a$$ fellow.

My totals for last night and this morning hunt for 5 boxes was 25 40%ers!!! That's an average of 5/box! Sure there ain't no silver out there no more, sure I am hunting the same rolls over and over again, sure I am just doing this to irritate that Loomis guy! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Pics and the actual box numbers will follow tonite when I take them...to be posted in this section of this Thread!

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Attachments

• CRH 05 24 2012 25 40%ers.jpg
    CRH 05 24 2012 25 40%ers.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 2,275
A lot of bank tellers and Brinks/Loomis employees generally despise coin roll hunters. I have a friend who is a bank manager and he hates Coin roll hunters because of the extra work on the bank end of it. Filling out order forms and they take up vault space.

Your lucky to have nice tellers who don't mind! Here in Boston they tell you to take a hike if you ask for halves. I once asked for a roll and the teller snapped and told me to go buy silver halves from the coin shop a block away, and they don't stock halves. Bostonians tend to be elitist so it didn't suprise me.

Filling out order forms and they take up vault space.

Your lucky to have nice tellers who don't mind! QUOTE]

My boxes don't take up vault space cause I come get them soon after they are delivered! :laughing::laughing:

Bank folks are in the service business, not the "Hey, you are here botherin' me business!" My bank constantly advertizes that they are the friendly neighborhood bank, and I think the tellers have that hammered into them....Too bad Loomis and Brinks don't realize they need to train their staff so they realize....folks like me is what keeps em in business!

Bank folks need to learn...they are in the service business, not the "Hey, you are here botherin' me business!"

You do realize there is a monetary cost to getting you those boxes. Right?

As for the cavalier attitude some spew about, "it's a banks 'job' to service my request," I do not care for.

Your reply surrounding Loomis is warrented, making it seem like bank land needs to cater to your beckon call is offensive.:no:

My intent is not to get involved in a back and forth discussion, I just think your choice of words I quoted needed to be replied to.

Also, this is not your normal tone in these types of threads....:cuss:

Why would brinks or any other money carrier mix money. The money goes from the branch bank back to the central vault for that bank. I'm pretty sure the carrier would get into some deep doo doo for co-mingleing funds from one bank to another.

G2M

Sorry if anyone takes KT's comments about the situation at the bank this week in an offensive tone, it was certainly not intended that way...It is not the bank folks that KT was concerned about, but the slackardly comments from the Loomis guy, trying to get out of doing some normal work. KT believes the bank manager recognized the guy was trying to pull some wool over folks eyes. AND note: I have slightly modified my statement above so that it will be less offensive to anyone.

But, if a bank advertizes far and wide that they are the neighborhood and friendly bank, then of course they should live up to that ad or drop it as their slogan. KT feels lucky to live in the south, where everyone usually is very accomodating in their work and attitude.

KT happens to work for state government and every day deals with customers coming in ....these citizens all get the same service whether they are knowledgeable about what they want or know very little. They get, if it is feasible, the service they request. The reason: THEY pay my salary via taxes.

KT happens to feel the private service sector, be it motel, tourist, banking, air conditioning, or auto repair shops, etc., should all have that same attitude. Its not MY attitude that I expect service that needs to be changed. I have been in too many shops and places, including grocery stores, etc. that as a customer my impression is that I am a burden to the employee rather than the reason they have a job. My previous comments were not "cavalier", but based on high expectations from everyone I do business with. Look above to see my finds this week! Enjoy the pics!:D

for JAY-in-PA

You do realize there is a monetary cost to getting you those boxes. Right?

As for the cavalier attitude some spew about, "it's a banks 'job' to service my request," I do not care for.

Your reply surrounding Loomis is warrented, making it seem like bank land needs to cater to your beckon call is offensive.:no:

My intent is not to get involved in a back and forth discussion, I just think your choice of words I quoted needed to be replied to.

Also, this is not your normal tone in these types of threads....:cuss:

Sorry you took offense. Perhaps my modification of my statement is less problem for you. I just noted the Loomis guy experience to find out if anyone else may have the same thing happening to them and apparently it has happened with Brinks too.

Anybody who regularily reads the KT royal posts, knows that KT harbors no ill will to anyone. I am kind of on the fence post when it comes to banks. IMO, The banks really are doing us a favor by letting us order boxes. I know that I am the only one that my branch orders for, but if two or three more customers asked for the same courtesy then I am sure that the policy would change. And you know what, I would totally understand.

Our office has a contract with a document shred service. It is no big deal for some of our clients to bring papers in to be shredded along with our papers. Well, we had one person bring in a box. Then it become two, and then one day he brought in six boxes.

The six boxes really made our copier/storage area look cramped and unsightly. So we ordered an extra service call. In essence, we become this person's shred service and to had pay for his expense, in addition to our company's expense.

I feel like banks should be courteous to account holders, but I totally understand if that courtesy becomes a liability. It only takes one person to ruin it by exceeding the scope of the courtesy extended.

Brian

Anybody who regularily reads the KT royal posts, knows that KT harbors no ill will to anyone. I am kind of on the fence post when it comes to banks. IMO, The banks really are doing us a favor by letting us order boxes. I know that I am the only one that my branch orders for, but if two or three more customers asked for the same courtesy then I am sure that the policy would change. And you know what, I would totally understand.

Our office has a contract with a document shred service. It is no big deal for some of our clients to bring papers in to be shredded along with our papers. Well, we had one person bring in a box. Then it become two, and then one day he brought in six boxes.

The six boxes really made our copier/storage area look cramped and unsightly. So we ordered an extra service call. In essence, we become this person's shred service and to had pay for his expense, in addition to our company's expense.

I feel like banks should be courteous to account holders, but I totally understand if that courtesy becomes a liability. It only takes one person to ruin it by exceeding the scope of the courtesy extended.

Brian

In total agreement....KT is the only one buying boxes from this branch, and that was after He sat down with the bank manager and explained what I wanted to do. He basically said, so long as you order them and do not care when they are shipped and pick them up promptly, then this branch has no problem with it. So there are conditions on KT's request and He promptly meets them each week. KT understands His responsibility to the bank and agrees with it. He also has given instructions that unless He calls and specifically orders every week, there is no automatic ordering for me. So given my circumstances 5 boxes is the max KT can handle per week, and some weeks it is less given time and how He feels. On His Chemo week, next week it will be 3 boxes as He just won't feel up to ripping and sorting 5.

BTW, ATLfun, did your office folks ever cut off the bumming shredder guy?? HA HA

Back
Top Bottom