CRHing $500 Box Of Halves! ( SILVER FINDS! )

Well I tried a different bank and got about the same answer. They said they can't order me any because it's not a circulating coin anymore. But she did have 7 rolls in the vault so I took em. Out of 7 rolls I got a 69, two 68's, and a 67. Four 40%s, nothing big. Why are all these banks around here telling me they can't order them anymore??

Pic. Also is it normal to get so many bi-centials? Out of only the 7 rolls there were over 30 bi-centinials in them.

Attachments

• IMAG0172.jpg
    IMAG0172.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 349
I also buy whatever halves my CU has on hand from the lobby coin counter, as well as other denominations. They come right out of people's piggy banks. A seperate dump bank is necessary to get rid of your cast-offs, so you don't re-sift them. HH

Is the lobby counter like a coinstar machine? How do you go about asking for the halves in the machine? Do they open it right in front of you and let you have them? Sorry for all the questions lol i'm just curious as i've never been to a credit union.

Hmm, I will have to hit my credit union up. I am a 90% disabled Vet and I alwo sork for the VA...I havnt spent my disability check in the 9.5yrs I have been disabled....this sounds like something fun to do with my money.....:gettinmoney:

Hmm, I will have to hit my credit union up. I am a 90% disabled Vet and I alwo sork for the VA...I havnt spent my disability check in the 9.5yrs I have been disabled....this sounds like something fun to do with my money.....:gettinmoney:

I am pretty sure with 9.5 years of retirement you can a bunch of $500 boxes and find some nice silver. Give it a try and see what happens. Good Luck!

Selling Question...

If you have a bunch of 90% or 40% silver halves, where would you sell them for their melt value? Do jewelry stores or coin stores buy them like scrap gold?

If you have a bunch of 90% or 40% silver halves, where would you sell them for their melt value? Do jewelry stores or coin stores buy them like scrap gold?

Either hoard them or you can sell them on craigslist, ebay, or a coin shop.

Nice man! What do you do with the ones that are not silver? Do you coinstar them?

The ones that are not silver go back into the rolls and deposited into a different bank than where I got them from.

I got 3 bennies and five .40 Kennedys out of my box this weekend.

I just go to a different branch to pick up and drop off.
Do you use two different banks?

I got 3 bennies and five .40 Kennedys out of my box this weekend.

I just go to a different branch to pick up and drop off.
Do you use two different banks?

Nice, congrats! I use a few different bank, BUT NEVER return the no silvers to the one I pick up from.

Nice, congrats! I use a few different bank, BUT NEVER return the no silvers to the one I pick up from.

When you say different banks thought, do you mean different branches of the same company or multiple different company named banks?

Just curious

When you say different banks thought, do you mean different branches of the same company or multiple different company named banks?

Just curious

2 different banks and a few different branches. Bank Of America & CHASE.

Just curious

i have bought $1,000 halves. I got 3 1967 yee haw I gave my tile guy $500 worth and i still have the rest In the past i spent the common one like regular money gas drinks what ever so they slowly go back to the bank
the last 100 rolls some one in my area has been through them becuse they are marked with a red marker my rolls come from BRINKS which i get from the bank When i order them the bank people tell me not to bring them back to that bank becuse it cost them money to get rolled change from BRINKS. and there boss will get mad so it really cost them money to get them......

I asked for some halfs at my local bank and they all looked at me like i said the F word! They said oh well, we dont really have any , but we have the sacawhateva dollars!
thanx but NO thanx. I said oh well i thought the BANK would have some. She says well we have a few in the drawer thats it. I can sell u A few dollars worth.
Sweet:mad:
Not much found in the 6coins i got.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom