Need help identifying hidden cave entrance !

Thank you all for your help and informations.

I will keep you updated with news and pictures so this thread can have a value about hidden caves entrances topic.

@ Ruddy : thanks, its definitly the method i will use.

@ Foragist : there is a few nearby houses in the area, its just that we dont want to bring a lot of attention. What is the gold country ?

@ Texaslurker : i dont think its that kind of wild caves. I will be accompagned by a friend. Thank you a lot for caring.

@ L0S3R : Not illegal at all. I dont think that it worths doing all the paper work to get permission just to tilt a rock.

In the U.S.A., there are some gold bearing areas with similar looking terrain. I call that "gold country". I get the feeling you are not from the U.S.A. I actually have no idea if that is a gold bearing area, but I still think digging behind that rock will be a good experience for you.

My guess is there is no cave there but I too would try if you believe it’s a possibility

I would be very careful...since it's "near historic ruins", then you could have issues with the law near you, depending on how the law reads, especially considering that you said that paperwork needed to be done but you didn't want to bother with that.

That being said, nothing any of us say will change your mind I'm sure, so just be careful and don't get hurt no matter what you decide to do.

@ Ruddy : thanks, its definitly the method i will use.

@ Foragist : there is a few nearby houses in the area, its just that we dont want to bring a lot of attention. What is the gold country ?

@ Texaslurker : i dont think its that kind of wild caves. I will be accompagned by a friend. Thank you a lot for caring.

@ L0S3R : Not illegal at all. I dont think that it worths doing all the paper work to get permission just to tilt a rock.

You say not illegal, but you don't want to get permission. Is this private property you are on? If so that's trespassing...

Legality aside, Bet you could rent (cheaply) an optical pipe inspection set up. Find a spot around the bottom, sides or top you can squeeze it in and take a look see.

...Some of the old timers moved massive weights with a lever long enough and a fulcrum to place it upon....I knew a skinny little 80yr old farmer up in MN...it was amazing what that old guy could lift with the right lever..Theres historical precedence....

Archimedes would take one look at that little rock, go up into that treeline and find himself a lever and simply pop that stone out of the way...

Edward Leedskalnin of the Coral Castle fame would probably lift and balance that rock up on some sort of point and make a sculpture out of it for giggles.......

Been 2 weeks, maybe he got caught and arrested.

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Thank you for your reply Pappy Griff,

I dont have any permision, i think i will just go and move the rock to see if there is something behind.

Do you have an idea how to move this rock or a part of it fastly and stealthly without bringing unwanted attention. Or better yet to know if there is something behind without moving it ?

Thanks.

Not sure where that you are from, but if you don't have permission, why do you believe you can go there and start attempting to gain access to the cave?

If its on public land and you actually find something - you better move fast

Hello guys,

Sorry for making you waiting. I returned to the rock last week ( it's 400km far from my town ), i bought a 4 Tons hydraulic jack as you told me and a metal rod. I tried with all my power but it was really hard to move it, if you look at the picture you can see thar it moved few milimeters.

You think i must return with a bigger jack ? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190222-175840.jpg
    Screenshot_20190222-175840.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 301
  • Screenshot_20190222-175832.jpg
    Screenshot_20190222-175832.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 271
Back
Top Bottom