Surprize when picking up my boxes today at the bank!

KT, I was in no way implying that your activity was a burden to the bank. Especially, since I am moving up to five a week myself. :D I simply understand where there might be a saturation point. And more so with the number of customers wanting to order boxes. Not everyone is going to extend the royal treatment to the bank staff like you do.

Actually, the client was moving and doing some overdue spring cleaning. The six box dump was the last dump. So, we were able to score some brownie points without having a "chat." I now know what if feels like to be the "dump" bank. :laughing:

Brian

about a month ago my deposit bank I take all my funny money back to started to charge a fee on the penny arcade if you deposit more than $250 at a time. I usually have like $500 at a time. Greedy bastards. So I just do $250 at one then go to the other down the street!!!!:lol:

If my bank started doing that, I'd just do $250 twice in a row at the same location just to be snippy about it.

It's almost certainly a "per transaction" charge, so with say $25,000 in tow, I'd be sticking my tongue out at the cashier 100 times as I repeatedly cashed in the arcade chits. :lol:

A lot of bank tellers and Brinks/Loomis employees generally despise coin roll hunters. I have a friend who is a bank manager and he hates Coin roll hunters because of the extra work on the bank end of it. Filling out order forms and they take up vault space

Well, that evens the score then...I hate banks! They nickel and dime me to death with all their sillyassed charges, so I'm damned sure not going to lose any sleep over finding ways of utilizing any services that benefit me even if it's at their expense.

Now that being said, the situation seems to be trivial at my bank:
I made a cash withdrawal at my bank a couple of months ago, and while standing at the counter I saw about 10 bags of coins lined up along a shelf on the back wall marked with the coin counter's logo.

I asked the teller if I could buy any of the bags, and she said no, that they were awaiting transport. I didn't ask to where, but mentioned that it was a pity because I'd heard of people who search such bags for silver coins, and that those bags might have some nice pickings in them.

I then mentioned that these people would order "boxes" from their banks, and how difficult would that be? She replied it's no problem at all since they always have bulk coins in the vault, and all I have to do is come in and buy whatever I want. In the course of the conversation she told me they keep "some" dollar coins, rarely keep halves in stock, and the majority of the boxes are pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters.

I never once picked up on any distress at the prospect of supplying me with boxed coins, and the conversation was upbeat and informative. I thanked her and said I might just try my hand at it at some point.

You do realize there is a monetary cost to getting you those boxes. Right?

As for the cavalier attitude some spew about, "it's a banks 'job' to service my request," I do not care for.

Your reply surrounding Loomis is warrented, making it seem like bank land needs to cater to your beckon call is offensive.:no:

My intent is not to get involved in a back and forth discussion, I just think your choice of words I quoted needed to be replied to.

Also, this is not your normal tone in these types of threads....:cuss:

I'm planning to start getting my bank to order me some halves.I have my credit cards,savings and checking there.Banks use us way more than we use them.If my bank has a problem with ordering me some coin rolls,i'll move my money elsewhere,since they are also known as a friendly bank. Banks do need to pamper us.We can simply keep our money under a pillow if we wanted to.My bank debit card has to be used as a credit card.That's how they make even more money off of us.

I'm planning to start getting my bank to order me some halves.I have my credit cards,savings and checking there.Banks use us way more than we use them.If my bank has a problem with ordering me some coin rolls,i'll move my money elsewhere,since they are also known as a friendly bank. Banks do need to pamper us.We can simply keep our money under a pillow if we wanted to.My bank debit card has to be used as a credit card.That's how they make even more money off of us.

Here is a secret....the bank will survive without you. Sounds snarky but true. Sorry.

Now, with that snide remark being said, how many of you folks, that have an issue with banks, work in them and REALLY know what goes on?

Whoa! Now KT is surprized again!

KT had certainly not intented his original comments in this thread to cause any heavy discussion about bank policies, Brinks or Loomis employee situations, etc, that seem to have highjacked the thread.

But perhaps it has caused some folks to reconsider their situation, their banks, and the services offered by them. kT found out this morning that there are 2 of us using the box ordering service from KT's bank. KT since the first of the year and another fellow, Lewis, a retired person who has been involved in coin roll hunting for 7 years now (wonder what HIS collection looks like??:shock:). But Lewis is considered by the banks involved as a loyal customer and friendly older querky fellow, not a nusiance or a pest. He hunts mainly nickels and pennies now, but did run dimes and quarters for years. Apparently never messed with halves. And we have met each other, both fessing up our better finds for the week as bragging rignts! :lol::lol:

So far as KT can learn, no one else in this area is doing CRH with this particular bank. Surely there are others with other banks, but KT has not heard of them...yet.

Anyway, KT went by his dump bank this morning early and there were few customers so as soon as I got to the coin machine the head teller came out and we chatted until I topped off a bag. He was very pleased and amused that KT is finding silver halves and we discussed how they could continue to be in circulation this day and time.

Anywho, back to the CRHing! The dump this morning got KT now a total of $2000 of his original $2500 back and the dump overage total now sits at $8.46, of which all but 11 cents came from the machine counting and the 11 was under the lift plate...a dime and a penny! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Here is a secret....the bank will survive without you. Sounds snarky but true. Sorry.

Now, with that snide remark being said, how many of you folks, that have an issue with banks, work in them and REALLY know what goes on?

KT confesses first up that He does not work in a bank and never has, but KT's father worked from 1922 to 1948 in one bank in Hot Springs, so from discussions with his dad, KT has some general ideas of what goes on behind the scenes. KT is certain that banking attitude has changed through the years on the management end and they are as motivated by profit margins as any other business....they got to have it or get in trouble with the feds. They also have a mountain of federal government red tape and hoops to jump through.

Sure they will survive without me...they existed before me, and will after me. BUT by being friendly and pleasant with me and my transactions with them, they ALSO keep me as a customer. Banking is somewhat like the food industry, there are many many places to choose from, and they have ways to offer bargains, like free services in the case of the bank, free drinks in the case of restuarants, to keep you coming back to them and not looking around to see what others offer. Its business, KT accepts that. KT also recognizes it is His perogative to pick and choose.

Kinda like KT was told when He came to work for the State, 38 years ago....Remember, the State owes you nothing, but if you do an honest days work, then the State, as your employeer, will pay you an honest days wage.

And JAY-in-PA, I have NO issue with my bank! They are GREAAAAAT, as Tony the Tiger says! :D:D

KT confesses first up that He does not work in a bank and never has, but KT's father worked from 1922 to 1948 in one bank in Hot Springs, so from discussions with his dad, KT has some general ideas of what goes on behind the scenes. KT is certain that banking attitude has changed through the years on the management end and they are as motivated by profit margins as any other business....they got to have it or get in trouble with the feds. They also have a mountain of federal government red tape and hoops to jump through.

Sure they will survive without me...they existed before me, and will after me. BUT by being friendly and pleasant with me and my transactions with them, they ALSO keep me as a customer. Banking is somewhat like the food industry, there are many many places to choose from, and they have ways to offer bargains, like free services in the case of the bank, free drinks in the case of restuarants, to keep you coming back to them and not looking around to see what others offer. Its business, KT accepts that. KT also recognizes it is His perogative to pick and choose.

Kinda like KT was told when He came to work for the State, 38 years ago....Remember, the State owes you nothing, but if you do an honest days work, then the State, as your employeer, will pay you an honest days wage.

And JAY-in-PA, I have NO issue with my bank! They are GREAAAAAT, as Tony the Tiger says! :D:D

YOU sir, are going about it the right way and with a good attitude.

KT, I was in no way implying that your activity was a burden to the bank. Especially, since I am moving up to five a week myself. :D I simply understand where there might be a saturation point. And more so with the number of customers wanting to order boxes. Not everyone is going to extend the royal treatment to the bank staff like you do.

Actually, the client was moving and doing some overdue spring cleaning. The six box dump was the last dump. So, we were able to score some brownie points without having a "chat." I now know what if feels like to be the "dump" bank. :laughing:

Brian

Brian, yes, KT did not take your comment that way. And as for saturation point, yep, KT recognizes that perhaps such a good thing cannot last forever! :lol::lol: That is one reason KT has been gleaning info from His bank as to how many are doing this and at what frequency...turns out to be only 2 of us...see my previous post for the details of the other fellow. So long as the bank employees at the branches we deal with have only 2 of us "funny" guys to deal with, all is cool! If next week tho, 2 dozen folks started this up, THEN, of course, the bank would have to consider its policies relative to this activity. Right now KT and Lewis are flying "under the radar" of the bank management, I believe. The local bank managers know what's going on, but its not a problem in their operations to have to report to main bank management. Thank goodness!

Finally, KT's wish for all CRHers out there....let the silver RAIN DOWN on you in the coming weeks! :D:D

YOU sir, are going about it the right way and with a good attitude.

Thank you! KT never meant to come across upset or mean spirited in this entire thing. Just was kinda amused at the comments by the Loomis guy, passed to me by my buy bank manager! :lol::lol:

I do respect everyone's opinion! Otherwise how could KingTotsalot continue his Royal Reign of the Totlots of His Realm? :D:D

Back
Top Bottom