CRH $100 of halves(!)(edit:and a NICE box of pennies)(pic heavy)

Final tally is over 1700 wheat pennies from a box of 2500 pennies.
1 1909 v.d.b, 4 indians, 11 steelies,14 from the teens, 12 from the 20s(maybe more...i have to go back through them all to sort and look for other key dates). Most of them were from the 40s and 50s, and most are in VG-F categories, i think.
I'm still in disbelief...:wow:
picture.php

picture.php

(1955's)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

obviously someone turned in grandpa's penny jar! I had one penny roll with 49 wheats and 1 Indian head, best roll I have had. Another had 17 steelies in it. I am doing nickels and generally get a silver or buffalo out of the box, and I have had 1 V nick too.

I've had one v nick and average about 1 buff every 2-3 boxes. My last buff that I got a couple bights ago was a 27d.

obviously someone turned in grandpa's penny jar! I had one penny roll with 49 wheats and 1 Indian head, best roll I have had. Another had 17 steelies in it. I am doing nickels and generally get a silver or buffalo out of the box, and I have had 1 V nick too.

I went back to get some more halves that they saved for me, and the lead teller told me that they get rolls of old pennies in all of the time, and she usually likes just giviing them out in change. She told me to give her my number, and she'll start saving them for me !

I went back to get some more halves that they saved for me, and the lead teller told me that they get rolls of old pennies in all of the time, and she usually likes just giviing them out in change. She told me to give her my number, and she'll start saving them for me !

Best take that gal a box of chocolates at Christmas and find out when her birthday is and send her some flowers every year! You got an insider lookin out for you...that is the sweetest deal! :lol::lol:

Best take that gal a box of chocolates at Christmas and find out when her birthday is and send her some flowers every year! You got an insider lookin out for you...that is the sweetest deal! :lol::lol:

Excellent idea! I remember how much the ladies at the banks I worked at loved having flowers at their desks, on Feb 14, and tellers getting flowers and treats from customers periodically. I used to make it a point to walk around and see what people were getting. Sending something at Valentines Day in this case may or may not be a good idea, heck if I know? I know what my wife would say lol!

My bank doesn't have a coin dump, and I didn't have rolls for some halves that I did last week. I took them in on my lunch, and the teller was nice, and didn't seem irritated with me at all...I even asked after I got my box of nickels, and they said that they weren't, and theyre just glad I was patient enough to wait on them to count and log everything, and to log out my box...Great goup of ladies...I'm definitely going to have to take KT's advice...Only problem is that this was a different branch, so I'll have to be servicing two groups of ladies :laughing:

You hit the mother or grandma lode!

Having a teller who will hold old rolls for you is priceless!

Keep her happy. Chocolates can do wonders! Flowers don't hurt either but her husband might get upset :lol:

Can't wait to see more great finds.

Joe

You hit the mother or grandma lode!

Having a teller who will hold old rolls for you is priceless!

Keep her happy. Chocolates can do wonders! Flowers don't hurt either but her husband might get upset :lol:

Can't wait to see more great finds.

Joe

Don't over do it either, it will draw attention, and someone else may want to search her old coins. Small gestures.

Back
Top Bottom