Euro, Indian Head, & Silver Ring, & 200+ coins!

z118

Forum Supporter
My wife let me out on Saturday morning for my first decent detecting trip since "spring" has arrived. To this point I had only made it out for an hour or so at a time, and found $1-$2 worth of clad each time.

I woke up early and headed straight for a spot in the city that I had found my first gold item at a few months ago. I figured the gangsters and thugs aren't too active at 7am on a Saturday in March. I found 104 coins total, and two junk trinkets ("Mia" and a pink rhino). I also found a curious plastic foot in heels. On my way back to the car I dug one last signal about 5 feet from the parking lot. About 1'' below the surface was and 1889 IH! My second one, and I didn't scratch it this time. Seems these things only turn up when I don't expect it. I can't get the IH to scan very well - It has sharp details (not very worn) but the surface is a nasty green and brown mottled color.

After this spot, I swung by my favorite school to detect in the suburbs. I found another 68 coins, including a French Euro. I also found the Clarkstown Sports club pin.

My last stop for the day was another school. I dug up another 33 coins. On my way back to my car I popped out a nice silver ring. It is marked "T&Co .925." It also seems that my best finds are always on my way back to the car.

Total in clad was $13.01 (not counting the Euro). All was found before noon. It was GREAT getting out for an extended period.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Finds 3-31.jpg
    Finds 3-31.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 275
  • Finds 3-31a.JPG
    Finds 3-31a.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 281
  • Finds 3-31b.jpg
    Finds 3-31b.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 278
  • Finds 3-31d.JPG
    Finds 3-31d.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 271
  • Finds 3-31e.JPG
    Finds 3-31e.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 268
What a great bunch of finds in only half a day! I'm not a jewelry expert but could the ring be Tiffany and Co.?

Z - What a great day you had. Your cash total is very high for the morning, WTG, steve in so az

Nice Haul! 200 coins is a heck of a lot of knee bends and that doesn't include the junk digs.

Back
Top Bottom