• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

neighbors blessings to search!

007tallguy

Elite Member
well, i've often wondered about the summer home next door to me and what kinds of goodies might be hiding there awaiting for someone to swing a coil around.
the owners are here for 2 weeks and although fairly busy getting their kids settled down in university, i managed to have a quick chat with them this morning and to make a long story short, i was granted permission to do all the searching i want to!!!
besides this 1930's house right next door to me and the acre or so of manicured lawn that it sits on, the land also extends for over half a mile into the woods and the lot is about 200 feet wide! :shock:
that parcel of property had both pasture land on it (very grown up now with bushes) and there is one area that is very "old growth" woodland with a small brook running through it. when i say old growth, i'm talking 3 foot diameter spruce with very little undergrowth to speak of, other than lots of moss.
it should be easy swinging there, but i suspect any signals there will be quite deep. there's also a smaller hardwood area where there had once been a small building standing, the well is still there and so is the garbage dump with rusted cans, but that trash looks to be fairly contained to the one area. i've looked for bottles there years ago, but not too many were intact. maybe if i were to dig deeper, but MDing will be my main strategy for searching there rather than contend with the broken glass that i know is there in the dump. :(

but in general, it's a very large and promising place to try and the best thing.... less than a 1 minute walk from my door to his lawn, or 5 minutes to the woods and i can be hunting!

thanks for reading. :D

Pete

thanks guys! :D
where it's a summer home and they're here on vaca for another week, i'm going to respect their privacy and not tromp around until after they leave for home again.
in the meantime, i did a little bit of "test swinging" yesterday at another lot where i have permission to hunt and it's also looking (sounding) very promising!! i wasn't getting a constant iron buzz from my machine, but all kinds of penny/dime/quarter signals! :shock:
it was just a quick recon and i didn't do any digging just yet. i had just returned from close to 4 hours of beach hunting and the mosquitoes were out in full force, so i only popped in for a quick "listen" at the ground. :lol: i plan to hit that area this coming weekend and see what turns up. will keep you posted! :yes: ;)

Pete

Back
Top Bottom