Nox's 1st Beach Gold!

Compass

Forum Supporter
Even though I had found a little lake gold with the Nox, until yesterday I had yet to find any at the beach. To be fair though, I have been using the Dual Field probably 80% or more of the time and just practicing with Nox when I found target producing areas with the DF.
However, yesterday I started off with the Equinox because I am starting to feel pretty confident in my settings and understanding of the language of the Nox. Of course, the targets have to be there and fortunately I found a nice patch of wet sand to work with a varied assortment of coins, jewelry, lead and trash.
picture.php

The green turtle pendant missed the group picture because it is currently in the rock tumbler being cleaned. I'm really curious to see how it comes out. :yes:
picture.php

The gold ring was a great surprise. It rang up as a solid 10 and after switching out of "all metal" it still sounded good and looked good on the meter.
picture.php

I think if there was a gold chain in this patch of sand I would have found it. I was finding very small pieces of metal and a few of those small crimp-on fishing weights.
I still prefer the Dual Field in and near the heavy black sand areas but I think I may have underestimated the Equinox a bit. Later, when I used the DF in the same area I had just hunted with the Nox, I didn't find that I had missed many good targets. That was impressive to me because I have been using the Dual Field for years and feel like I get the most out of it. :yes:
picture.php

All in all, it was a great hunt, not only because of the finds but because my confidence with the Nox has gone to another level. :yes: I am really looking forward to using it when the conditions are even better to see what it can do! GL&HH!

:dingding: Congrats on that very nice nugget ring. I too had a hunt today that REALLY helped me start to understand Noxy.

Even though I had found a little lake gold with the Nox, until yesterday I had yet to find any at the beach. To be fair though, I have been using the Dual Field probably 80% or more of the time and just practicing with Nox when I found target producing areas with the DF.
However, yesterday I started off with the Equinox because I am starting to feel pretty confident in my settings and understanding of the language of the Nox. Of course, the targets have to be there and fortunately I found a nice patch of wet sand to work with a varied assortment of coins, jewelry, lead and trash.
picture.php

The green turtle pendant missed the group picture because it is currently in the rock tumbler being cleaned. I'm really curious to see how it comes out. :yes:
picture.php

The gold ring was a great surprise. It rang up as a solid 10 and after switching out of "all metal" it still sounded good and looked good on the meter.
picture.php

I think if there was a gold chain in this patch of sand I would have found it. I was finding very small pieces of metal and a few of those small crimp-on fishing weights.
I still prefer the Dual Field in and near the heavy black sand areas but I think I may have underestimated the Equinox a bit. Later, when I used the DF in the same area I had just hunted with the Nox, I didn't find that I had missed many good targets. That was impressive to me because I have been using the Dual Field for years and feel like I get the most out of it. :yes:
picture.php

All in all, it was a great hunt, not only because of the finds but because my confidence with the Nox has gone to another level. :yes: I am really looking forward to using it when the conditions are even better to see what it can do! GL&HH!

Sweet finds. I am on a dry spout on the yellow. That probably would have rang up about a solid 16 had it not been broken.

NIce looking gold! And sounds like you have a nice combo now with the detectors.

That gold ring look saw-weeeeeeet. Karat?

R5

Nice one George! Congrats on the 14k nugget ring! That's one style of ring I haven't found yet.. So how was your tent stake count using the Nox?

Nice going George
Glad to see you are learning the Nox.
I had mine out yesterday found one dime and one bobbie pin.
than used the dual field found change 3 pieces of silver one junk ring and one 12.8 g plat. Sad to say I just can't figure out the nox. I think I should sell it.

Rang up as a solid 10 on the Nox. When it comes to gold rings, I think the "solid" part is more important than the number. They are being reported at many different numbers, but usually "solid", or some other metal messing with the "solid".
You didn't say what Karat that is. It looks high K to me. Gotta be at least 18K?
Congrats on the multi-ring hunt!

Very nice chunker gold nugget ring George. Throw me some luck my friend, I have been on a dry streak the last three times out:shock::shock:

Saweet! Broken gold bands are one tough target for about any rig! Nice find Compass!
Thanks Mud, Yes, funny I would have expected a double "beep" like I do with my other detectors. :yes:

Nice piece of gold, congratulations.
Thanks 3.14R8, It was sure nice to see in the sunlight! :yes:

:dingding: Congrats on that very nice nugget ring. I too had a hunt today that REALLY helped me start to understand Noxy.
Thanks Felix, It certainly is different than any detector I've ever used. I am so looking forward to that first gold chain or bracelet and now I know it's just a matter of time. :yes:
Nice catch on the gold ring! Broken rings can give weird signals...
Thanks Z, Maybe it broke when I dug it out because I remember it sounding pretty darn good! :yes:

Sweet finds. I am on a dry spout on the yellow. That probably would have rang up about a solid 16 had it not been broken.
Thanks Nick, Now that I'm getting more used to the Nox those low numbers are pretty fun to dig (in the wet sand anyway). :yes::yes:

NIce looking gold! And sounds like you have a nice combo now with the detectors.
Thanks OBN, I agree! :yes: Just need to add the new Aqua Manta and I should be good for the next 10 years. ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom