Brand Newbie as of today w 3 great finds!

Dig Dog Dig

Wow! I am new to metal detecting. I've been researching and researching and researching and (again:yes:) researching this for MONTHS! Now I went out to Siesta Key Beach, Fl. Bright and early (too early for my wife) to beat the crowd. She thought it would be fun to come with, but I should have known, she was mad after the 3rd bottle cap. I kept pushing and became really satisfied coming away with 2 pennies (1 of them is 1961), a dime, a pair of kid's binoculars, a pair of flip-flops (they were BURIED with a bottle cap! :?:) 3 more bottle caps, a paper clip, and.... a 925 earing stud with fake stones :D Yup! I am hooked 4Life! :woohoo:

Attachments

• Memorial day 1 (2).jpg
    Memorial day 1 (2).jpg
    70 KB · Views: 271
  • Memorial day 2.jpg
    Memorial day 2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 216
  • Memorial Day find 3.jpg
    Memorial Day find 3.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 227
Yea they always think it’s fun the first ten minutes. My wife can usually last a half hour if she’s detecting and I’m digging.

This is an addicting hobby hang on!!

What machine did you get?

The EQ 600 is a great detector for dirt and sand. Welcome to the obsession.

Yup, sounds like you're hooked!!! My wife went with me once while we were at the beach....think that was the end of it for her...LOL. For whatever reason she just doesn't see the appeal...

I am very lucky, though. She is very supportive of my addiction. Sounds like your wife is the same way. Sure does make this insane hobby much more enjoyable...Have fun and good luck!!!

My wife has absolutely no interest in detecting. So she stays home and works on her quilting and I go dirt/sand/water fishing with an electronic fishing rod. Some times I find something good. Love the sight of gold in the scoop

Wow! I am new to metal detecting. I've been researching and researching and researching and (again:yes:) researching this for MONTHS! Now I went out to Siesta Key Beach, Fl. Bright and early (too early for my wife) to beat the crowd. She thought it would be fun to come with, but I should have known, she was mad after the 3rd bottle cap. I kept pushing and became really satisfied coming away with 2 pennies (1 of them is 1961), a dime, a pair of kid's binoculars, a pair of flip-flops (they were BURIED with a bottle cap! :?:) 3 more bottle caps, a paper clip, and.... a 925 earing stud with fake stones :D Yup! I am hooked 4Life! :woohoo:

I love Sarasota, had a condo there

Welcome from Northeast MA

Back
Top Bottom