First month detecting

Badfish

Alright I got into this hobby August 1st. My boss gets detectors at cost since he’s a dealer and had an extra one on hand. I paid 475 for my first machine ever a equinox 600.

I am now addicted to this hobby and since have got a Garrett carrot and Lesche digging tool. This is what I’ve found since August first till today.
I hunt in northern Michigan and have a lot to learn.

I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this as I hunt beaches and land so wasn’t sure.

Here are my finds

Definitely addicted and I’m going to save the class for one gold coin at the end of each year. I’ve learned so much here already lurking and reading all the info I can. You all are amazing thank you so much for all the help you never knew you gave me.

That looks like a decent bunch of finds; especially for a beginner, in August of this year! You already found a ring! I don't remember how long it took me to find a ring, but it was a heck of a lot longer than a month. You have high quality gear, and a good start.
"A Yooper with a good tool is a dangerous thing!"

Welcome to the Forum and Nice Work! Yeah...for some reason the Sport of metal detecting jumps all over a guy unlike any other hobby...'Outdoor Pursuit Oriented' individuals...All the skills learned form other hobbies plays an important part to success, and of course unrealistic dreams and a high level of determination!:laughing:

Congrats on your first month of finds! :woot: I've been MDing for just about 1 1/2 years now and still have not found an IHP. I have found one Wheatie though. :lol:

P.S. How much clad is that? :?:

Well done on first month. Welcome to the Asylum. You will find any number of folks with similar afflictions and addictions. PS....no known cure.:lol:

You jumped into this Hobby feet first. Good quality machine and gear. A pile of finds the first month. A person could not ask for more. Welcome to the forum from an OLD guy who admits that he is addicted to the hobby Like that was a bad thing.

Back
Top Bottom