This Old Water Hunter Got In 3 1/2 Hours Today= 1-Small Gold

Cupajo

Elite Member

Most of the 46 targets recovered were small and some were deep enough to assure me that Mr. Dual Field, Diablo and I were doing our respective jobs!:digginahole:

4- .22 Cal. bullets, several small sinkers and odd bits of brass accounted for most of the finds.

Old, thin pennies and a couple of pieces of old, molded metal toys and some junk metal rounded out the take for the day.

The 1.8 Gram, 14K ring is so small it won't go past my pinkie tip, but it does look like an oldie for whatever that's worth.

GL&HH Friends,

CJ

Attachments

• 5-25-12  Finds 002.JPG
    5-25-12 Finds 002.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 454
  • 5-25-12  Finds 005.JPG
    5-25-12 Finds 005.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 466
  • 5-25-12  Finds 010.JPG
    5-25-12 Finds 010.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 460
Great looking ring CJ... I had planned on going out this morning but it was foggy and still raining lightly and I decided to bag it... good to see you got out again :) the DF is killer on that small old stuff...

Joe, that's a charming ring, no matter how small it is. Glad you got out and gladder that you found it. I can't tell you how much I look forward to hunting a beach some day.

I went head to head with my oldest water hunting friend who started just after I did back in the early '80s!

He uses an Excal w/10" coil and has been cleaning up some of the rings I have managed to miss in this spot.

I had to find a ring on a day when he didn't to show him I am still a power to be reckoned with!:lol:

He found a sweet little solitaire of about 10 points yesterday and my two small stones added up to just about 10 points! ( His was small, but 18K) (Oh and I took the day off except for a little wet sand hunting which was a bust!)

Maybe tomorrow-------------?:?:

I really like the way the diamonds are set... If it was larger, that is one I would wear once in a blue moon... Classy and unique... very nice pull CJ...

SSC

Nice little chunk of gold there C J
Was it deep? It looks old.

The sand shifted along the shoreside enough to expose targets I have not located before. (or they wouldn't be there.:D)

This small ring was not deep, maybe 4"-6" and in an area I have hunted for years over and over, but kept missing this small ring. (It's amazing how that happens! You only have to miss it by inches!:()

Today was a little rough out there and I moved slowly, carefully searching a fairly small area while my hunting friend covered a very large area.

Slow paid off as you can see---------------:lol:

Good job on yet another gold CJ! I envy you guys on the east coast.. so many old goodies to be found.

Nice, either that is a tiny ring or you have HUGE fingers. :D I am still amazed at how you count your targets.

Back
Top Bottom