beephead

Attachments

• DSCN7509.jpg
    DSCN7509.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 909
  • DSCN7507.jpg
    DSCN7507.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 853
That sure looks like a possible rev war belt plate but I'm no expert in Rev war by any means, it's really cool and a damn good find though!

Wow! Did you dig that in Tennessee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found this on the net, the one on the left look just like yours. Super find!!!!

Attachments

• Index Photo.jpg
    Index Photo.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 764
Looks like a variation of plate #195 in Syd Kerksis book: Plates and Buckles .. 1795-1874.
rarity 5, circa 1840 Militia sword belt plate. About 2.20 x 3.30 inches
brass, about 3.5 oz.

Congrats on a great find :thumbsup:

That sure looks like a possible rev war belt plate but I'm no expert in Rev war by any means, it's really cool and a damn good find though!
Thanks! I find stuff like that every once in awhile. I'm not really into civil war stuff.

Wow! Did you dig that in Tennessee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yelp!
Wow!!! That really is cool! My best guess is an 1810s 1820s militia plate. Id be doing backflips for something like that!
Thanks! Some people get fired up on finding stuff like that.

That thing is awesome beephead! How did you dig that without tearing it up with your digger!?
Thanks! I got lucky.

Found this on the net, the one on the left look just like yours. Super find!!!!
Thanks! It sure looks like it, so what is it?

Looks like a variation of plate #195 in Syd Kerksis book: Plates and Buckles .. 1795-1874.
rarity 5, circa 1840 Militia sword belt plate. About 2.20 x 3.30 inches
brass, about 3.5 oz.

Congrats on a great find :thumbsup:
Thanks! What's it worth?

tabman

Let us know what you find out about its worth there Beep...I am curious as well..It could be your most valuable FIND of the year!.... Decoy218 post seems to have narrowed it right down for ya!

To answer your questions, yes and yes. Here is a link that has a plate like yours. Scroll down toward the bottom of the page, yours is the 12 star variety - P1611

http://http://www.relicman.com/plates/zLibraryPlate.130.Militia.Rectangle.htm

Go to the home page of his web site and it gives details of him giving authentication and analysis by sending photos. Here is his email

[email protected]
Thanks! That sure looks like it.

Let us know what you find out about its worth there Beep...I am curious as well..It could be your most valuable FIND of the year!.... Decoy218 post seems to have narrowed it right down for ya!
Mud, I didn't find it this year, it was awhile back. I just came across it again when I was looking through some of my old finds and wanted to know if it was worth keeping or not. I know to toss the ones in the trash with C.S.A. on the them, because the 'C' stands for counterfeit.

beephead

Thanks! That sure looks like it.

Mud, I didn't find it this year, it was awhile back. I just came across it again when I was looking through some of my old finds and wanted to know if it was worth keeping or not. I know to toss the ones in the trash with C.S.A. on the them, because the 'C' stands for counterfeit.

beephead

Good one Beep! :laughing:

:wow2::dash2::dash2::dash2::gettinmoney:

As to the value of your plate, I used the latest North South Trader Price Guide. It did not show your plate but it did show the plate next to it in Kerksis' book, which is almost identical. They price it as $350. But realize, yours is not in that good of a condition. But it still has some good value. Maybe $200 to $275.

Back
Top Bottom