New to [beach] hunting

Gb1109

Hey yall, I'm new to hunting in general and I live literally like a block away from the beach. Ive been out hunting for about a month now and have found about 1.00 in change. Thats it.

Today I ran into a group of hunters that found 5! gold rings today. I asked them if they normally do well and they said its very rare for them to walk away with less than 2 gold rings. They also had close to 6 bucks in change.

Obviously Im not doing something right... any tips?

Im digging everything that beeps. pulltabs and all.

Welcome from New Jersey !!

Welcome,and where do you live,in what state?What kind of detector do you use to hunt?I have not found any gold rings just yet ,but got 7 rings total this year"4 silver,1 titanium,1 brass,1junky " plus earrings and bracelets .It takes patience,luck and effort to find gold.The best time to go out is right after the storm and hunt in the wet sand or shallow water (conditions permitting )second low tide after the storm is usually the best time to go out .Show up 2 hours before the low tide
and don't run, walk slowly going along the water line in the s pattern ,keep your coil as low to the sand as it is possible ,once you hit the good target,start spiraling around it to see if the are more, if not keep going on the s pattern ,the best spots are under the cuts ,low spots on the beach and ripple troughs .Also the hunting is usually good when the full moon causes strong "spring" tides ,that is when you get minus tides.From what I know most rings are hiding in the water in the ripple troughs .Also it could be a good idea to join your local club,just google it I am sure there are tons around where you are . Good luck and HH.

Welcome aboard Gb1109. I do not know what detector you are using, or what training/help you have had in learning your machine. Beachhog has some good tips there, but give us more information and maybe we can help even more. RickO

Gb1109,

Do not get discouraged, I am in the same boat as you. I bet that the more time you put in the better the finds will be. Personally I am going to try beachhog's advice, and soon both our lucks will change.

When you start out it is best to "dig it all" as you said you are! Welcome from a Califonia Beach Hunter!:cool:

Back
Top Bottom