Taking the plunge

Live4Christ

I did it!

Officially purchased my very own metal detector! Can't exactly call myself a detector~ist yet until I start finding things, but at least I can say im closer than I was this morning :)

We went with the Garrett Ace 350, and also threw in a coil cover for good measure, as well as all the other trinkets kellyco likes to add with your purchase. Maybe once we get the hang of it we'll splurge for the pin pointer, but for now it's all about learning the game.

So, my question is this: Were any of you this excited when you started MD? I haven't even gone hunting and I'm already looking at fields differently! Also thinking about getting a tattoo and changing my middle name to pull tab, but ill have to ask my wife about that idea ;)

Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois!!! Exicted is an understatement:lol: You're gonna love this hobby. Expect to become addicted very quickly. Hope you plan on making your wife a part of this. It's a great couples hobby as well as individual.

All The Best,
Gemmy

This is a great hobby. You will be driving down the road continually picking out places you want to detect. Once I bought my PP, I found out I couldn't live without it. My wife feels the same way. Happy Hunting & good luck.

I know how you feel,I went detecting everywhere I could...still do! God bless you and when you are at the right place at the right time you might find gold jewelry! I have found some in my two years of the hobby!:yes:

Welcome to your second family !

I'd say your pretty darn close to being an outright MD'er. You've got the attitude and the equipment. :lol:
Not only was I as excited as you are now, but the excitement has grown with the anticipation of each new area and hunt.
Prepare yourself ! This hobby may just consume you. In a good way of course.;)
Glad to have you on the forum !
Marty
P.S. Nice first purchase. Looking forward to your finds.

I began detecting with a very old detector
that I had to constantly fiddle with in order to get
it to work.

I was very excited when I received my new detector.

Good luck and have fun.

Welcome to this wonderful addiction from the great state of Michigan!

I know I did and do the same thing. Everywhere I go I wonder whats just below the dirt. What happened there that might yeild something wonderful.

Best of luck and Happy Hunting!

:D

Hello from Lancaster PA. I always get excited when I discover a new area. I was very excited, when I fist started, so much when I got my machine I was using it in the backyard at night.

Welcome from the Midwest!

I think that my MD addiction has made me a worse driver, for sure. Anytime I'm in a car I find myself paying a little too much attention to any old house or property that I happen to drive by. Oops!

Welcome from Salem, MA!

You're going to want a pinpointer. I got my F2 without one and could never find my targets - or it took a very long time if I did. It will speed up your target recovery by like 3X, which translates to more targets dug in any given time, improving your odds of finding something awesome.

It also makes for less time digging in high profile areas, which you're going to find helpful. ;)

Happy Hunting!
-Rob

Back
Top Bottom