Coin Hunting with the Deus

choppadude

Forum Supporter
I never intended to do much coin hunting with this unit and purchased mostly for some relic hunts I attend as well as some cellar hole hunting I do occasionally. As a relic machine I LOVE it. Pulled some nice CW relics out of some tough areas.
I would guess I have 150 or so hours on this machine with no more than a dozen coin hunting with it.
I recently traded for a 2nd Deus remote and also won a new 11 X 13" coil in an online Razz. Today was perfect weather to get these out these and put then through their paces.
The spot I chose was a nearby park that is 100+ years old. LIke many parks, this has been hunted to death. There is one area of the old park that is now soccer fields. What they did was about 50 years ago they brought in topsoil and laid about 6-8" to level out the playing fields. Found a couple Wheaties last year using the CTX3030 with the 17" coil. Any coins pulled out of here were 8-10".
I threw together a coin hunting program that included a TX setting of 3 and I attacked the area. I must say I was very impressed.
Pulled out 14 Wheaties, 4 Indian heads, 3 buffs, one V nickel and a nice older crucifix as well as a 1917 Merc.
My used remote worked great, the new coil pin pointed perfectly and was DEEP!
I have come to the conclusion that the Deus is not too shabby of a coin machine. I need to set up the tone bins a little better for the coin hunting and that should give me even better results.
I did run the CTX3030 for about a half hour after the Deus coils battery died and I will tell you, that CTX felt like a TANK compared to the Deus LOL!
I look forward to getting out there and doing some more coin hunting with this machine.

wow such a great pic of what the 3030 left behind...Great Job Chop. I love my 3030 but still cant wait to get my hands on another Deus with V4.

I love my Deus. The lack of weight is a super benefit! Congrats on a nice outing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing! Congrats! I used my Deus today with TX3, kept reacivity at 1 or 2, & tried keeping silencer as near -1 as possible I just dont think I was in a good area.

I used 11" coil, that 11x13 coil you used seems to penetrate..huh?

Deus is in the radar for water detecting.

While I am entering mid level to high end machines. The deus is always in the running. Good to see someone actually post pics of finds with one.

Thought about giving you a call from out in the field to see if you wanted to join me but did not save your number.
Any good finds for you these last 2 awesome days?

Nothing good, I posted in my CTX program thread. Maybe you should bring the Deus and see what I am missing.

Choppadude now go back and run ur same setting using 18khz. 18khz in my experience is the best coin freq in my experience, and is deeper. U can still get deeper by dropping reactivity. I know u wouldn't think the 18khz would be deeper huh. Try it also is best freq for relic hunting too. Good luck man

I never understood people when they say that the Deus is not a good Coin shooter. Guess what...the exact thing that makes the Deus great as a relic machine is the same thing that makes it a great coin shooter as well. You are going to hear those coins under your coil. All too often people get hung up on VDI and such. That doesn't make a machine a good Coin shooter. The ability to tailor the machine to the target and environment (read - expert settings) in addition to the depth you can get out of the 11" and 9" coils means you are going to hear those coins. All you have to do is understand what you are hearing.

I never understood people when they say that the Deus is not a good Coin shooter. Guess what...the exact thing that makes the Deus great as a relic machine is the same thing that makes it a great coin shooter as well. You are going to hear those coins under your coil. All too often people get hung up on VDI and such. That doesn't make a machine a good Coin shooter. The ability to tailor the machine to the target and environment (read - expert settings) in addition to the depth you can get out of the 11" and 9" coils means you are going to hear those coins. All you have to do is understand what you are hearing.

Here is my logic on this.
Yes,,we hear how good the TID is using fbs like etrac and CTX to name some.
One thing though,,,you first have to detect the suspect find,,to get to see the fabulous TID.

One thing though,,,you first have to detect the suspect find,,to get to see the fabulous TID.

Agreed, and I submit that the Deus is going to detect it as long as someone understands the machine and isn't relying on basic programs or somebody else's programs that they copied off the internet. If one does that it's an indicator that they really don't understand the machine. Somebody else's program does not mean it will be optimal in "your" soil or conditions. As I said before, it might get you close, but one should really know how to optimize it (which means they should know how to do that themselves). The Deus may not have fabulous TDI as compared to the 3030, but the tones are really going tell you something. I also suspect the new x/y screen in v4 will further ones ability to call targets. The bottom line as I see it is if you get a good tone you're going to dig it regardless of what machine you are using....so does the ability to call a target (insert desired %) really matter?

Agreed, and I submit that the Deus is going to detect it as long as someone understands the machine and isn't relying on basic programs or somebody else's programs that they copied off the internet. If one does that it's an indicator that they really don't understand the machine. Somebody else's program does not mean it will be optimal in "your" soil or conditions. As I said before, it might get you close, but one should really know how to optimize it (which means they should know how to do that themselves). The Deus may not have fabulous TDI as compared to the 3030, but the tones are really going tell you something. I also suspect the new x/y screen in v4 will further ones ability to call targets. The bottom line as I see it is if you get a good tone you're going to dig it regardless of what machine you are using....so does the ability to call a target (insert desired %) really matter?

Your logic here similar to mine.
When that horseshoe tip is shown,,and that Deus is a humming= dig!
I can say this,,I have dug deeper nickels using Deus than either Etrac or CTX.
It has happened too many times just to be a coincidence.

Choppadude now go back and run ur same setting using 18khz. 18khz in my experience is the best coin freq in my experience, and is deeper. U can still get deeper by dropping reactivity. I know u wouldn't think the 18khz would be deeper huh. Try it also is best freq for relic hunting too. Good luck man

In my dirt 18k calls can slaw coins. 12k and 8k are what I use since I mostly coin hunt in parks full of can slaw.

Back
Top Bottom