Please, please, please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinvikes

Elite Member
Be sure to use your right and get out and vote today. This is a very important election.

*I hope that it is ok to post this. I didn't try to start a political war. In fact, I didn't even mention either candidate's name, or who I'm in favor of.

Its actually quite fun! I went and got a BK breakfast across from the polling place really early when I shoulda been on my way to the beach...I sat there and watched the traffic...then, I went on over and hung around in the parking lot smoking and drinking coffee and observing the people coming and going...Who they were demographically, what they were driving, etc....

Working people, older couples, young couples with small kids even...a police presence too....LOTS of gold wedding rings walking in and out of there! Bumper stickers were seldom, attitude was solemn, orderly, and purposeful....no overt displays of candidate support, no outbursts...,I took my turn and pulled the lever at @ 9am...

I was the 353rd from my little precinct...the volunteers said its a hell of a deal going on today....judging from my little dawn observation and recon event, the turnout is going to be pretty bigly yuuuuuge!...I probably should try to find a party to crash this evening?...just to check out the gold of course...I'll have to clean up a little though...I'm dressed in my metal detecting clothes, which are pretty deplorable...

Mud.

I early voted already. This has to be one of the worst and most intense elections ever. My wife is even kicking me out of the house tonight because I'll stay up and watch the ballots come in for the whole thing till it's done.

But yes, everyone needs to get out and vote. It'll secure your right to complain for at least the next 4 years! If you don't vote, then you have no right to complain!

Last edited:
I voted today around 9:00 AM, I was number 80-something to vote in my precinct and only had about 4 people ahead of me in line when I got there (one of the many benefits of living in a relatively small town) usually other (non-presidential) elections many times I can walk into the polling place and go right up to vote with no one in front of me :lol:

(I think just mentioning that you voted, how long the line was or wasn't, ect., is okay and likely should not get this thread deleted as long as we don't get into any specific topics about political views)

Last edited:
We just got JUMBO FONTED!:laughing::laughing:

Sorry about that Ron!...We was just having Fun! Good to see at least Somebody has a sense of the rule of Law...:laughing::laughing:
Mud

I just got back from voting. No line at all but there were a few people already there and more coming in as I left.

I regret that I have only one vote to cancel for that person which I did not vote for.

I have already voted three times... What do you want from me?

BCD

Sure, 3 times in Georgia is pretty much standard, so dont pat yourself on the back too hard, you didnt do anymore than most dead Georgia voters already did today!...a REAL LIVE voter would head west on I20 into Alabama and pull a few more levers!:laughing:

Scratch that...they probably could use your 1/2 dozen votes in Florida or SC at the very least...I think AL and TN are probably fine as they are...you know THOSE types...just basing this assessment on the Waffle Houses there...pretty damned irredeemable and deplorable! I bet most of them dint even graduate from No school, 'cept maybe Bible school, but that dont count anymore does it?....Go all Waffle House road running! Scatter, Cover and Smother Baby!
Mud

Last thing you ever want is to be JUMBO FONTED!

I agree Nectar!...thinking back, I've only been severely Jumbo Fonted twice that I can remember...first time was in Detroit, back in the late 60's, when a guy came up behind me and hit me with a baseball bat...An ash Louisville Slugger....I remember sitting there on the curb with blood running down my face like some sort of crimson prepubescent archetechtural fountain display...little birds and stars whirling around my head as depicted in cartoons...

Second time, was in 1980...I came home from the bar late one night, quite a bit tossed, and my newlywed Wife Jumbo Fonted me right over the head with one of those Dr Scholl wooden sandals that were popular foot wear at the time....I can take a pretty good JumboFont to the front of my noggin with no worries...in fact, I prefer it.....You can hit me there with a 12lb splitting maul with no effect...Its when they hit you straight down over top on that soft little baby spot that sits me right down...so thats my 'Achilles heel' so to speak...

I guess today I was due...good thing is after 37+yrs I'm still married to that one girl with the wooden sandals......I know her moves, I duck and cover and present my frontal lobe as an easy target...this little trick has served me well...I'd hate to have to learn all over....
Mud

I agree Nectar!...thinking back, I've only been severely Jumbo Fonted twice that I can remember...first time was in Detroit, back in the late 60's, when a guy came up behind me and hit me with a baseball bat...An ash Louisville Slugger....I remember sitting there on the curb with blood running down my face like some sort of crimson prepubescent archetechtural fountain display...little birds and stars whirling around my head as depicted in cartoons...

Second time, was in 1980...I came home from the bar late one night, quite a bit tossed, and my newlywed Wife Jumbo Fonted me right over the head with one of those Dr Scholl wooden sandals that were popular foot wear at the time....I can take a pretty good JumboFont to the front of my noggin with no worries...in fact, I prefer it.....You can hit me there with a 12lb splitting maul with no effect...Its when they hit you straight down over top on that soft little baby spot that sits me right down...so thats my 'Achilles heel' so to speak...

I guess today I was due...good thing is after 37+yrs I'm still married to that one girl with the wooden sandals......I know her moves, I duck and cover and present my frontal lobe as an easy target...this little trick has served me well...I'd hate to have to learn all over....
Mud

Oh I agree, you don't want to be learning those kind of lessons twice!

Its actually quite fun! I went and got a BK breakfast across from the polling place really early when I shoulda been on my way to the beach...I sat there and watched the traffic...then, I went on over and hung around in the parking lot smoking and drinking coffee and observing the people coming and going...Who they were demographically, what they were driving, etc....

Working people, older couples, young couples with small kids even...a police presence too....LOTS of gold wedding rings walking in and out of there! Bumper stickers were seldom, attitude was solemn, orderly, and purposeful....no overt displays of candidate support, no outbursts...,I took my turn and pulled the lever at @ 9am...

I was the 353rd from my little precinct...the volunteers said its a hell of a deal going on today....judging from my little dawn observation and recon event, the turnout is going to be pretty bigly yuuuuuge!...I probably should try to find a party to crash this evening?...just to check out the gold of course...I'll have to clean up a little though...I'm dressed in my metal detecting clothes, which are pretty deplorable...

Mud.

You really were only there to see if anyone was dropping stuff

I already see that theres some deleted posts so I'm sure this thread will get locked. I sincerely meant no harm, but I was simply emphasizing the importance to vote is all.

My apologies to admin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom