How NOT to teach a lesson..

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
WLOS — LEICESTER, N.C. -- A Leicester woman is now 'eating her words' after buying a lottery ticket and winning $1 million.

Glenda Blackwell, 57, of Leicester says she bought a scratch-off to teach her husband a lesson.

On Saturday, her husband, Buddy, requested two Powerball tickets from Suttles Quik Mart. Instead, she bought a $10 Carolina Millions scratch-off ticket for herself.

"I was going to be ugly and buy a scratch off to show him they didn’t hit," Blackwell said. "Sometimes I get aggravated with him, so I tell him, 'You're just wasting your money.'"

By Monday, Blackwell had a check in her hands after her trip to Raleigh.

She ended up not teaching her husband a lesson, but it paid off that she was trying to.

"I had to eat my words, but they were worth eating," Blackwell said while laughing. "So, I was very happy."

Blackwell says money isn't an issue for the first time in her life.

"We've struggled a lot, so now we can buy our own home and our own land. It'll be paid for and I don't have to worry about that no more," Blackwell said. "So, that's what I plan to do with some of the money and the other part I plan to help my daughter and to put money up for my two granddaughters for college."

Blackwell chose the lump sum, which was $415,503 after taxes, instead of 20 yearly payments of $50,000 because she isn't sure she'll live that long due to health issues.

The couple says they won't be scratching as many lottery tickets in the future

Attachments

• 6d75e591-6138-4be9-81be-15ffbeabde9a-large16x9_lotterywin2.jpg
    6d75e591-6138-4be9-81be-15ffbeabde9a-large16x9_lotterywin2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 182
Won't buy a house, land, college money for two kids and help your daughter with $415,000 around here, better pick one...LOL

Funny story, no matter the reason, it's awesome that she won the money!

It's always happy news to here about those who won. Now off to buy my ticket. :yes:

Won't buy a house, land, college money for two kids and help your daughter with $415,000 around here, better pick one...LOL

Funny story, no matter the reason, it's awesome that she won the money!

Ain't that the truth! I was thinking the same thing!

Dude, it's his cousin....... Think he's from West Virginia or something????? ;)

:laughing: :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom