New Reality TV Show

BillyV123

Friends,

I need up to 10 people who treasure hunt (on beaches) as their full time job. We are about to shoot a pilot episode of a new Reality Television show for a respected cable network. Shooting this pilot will involve approximately 1-2 days of your time. Please either live in, or be willing to travel to the Los Angeles area, as the shoot will take place between Venice Beach and Malibu.

Serious replies only.

While those participating in the pilot episode MAY be cast in the actual series, there is no guarantee that the same people cast in the pilot episode will return for the full series. We are looking for individuals with strong personalities, opinions, points of view, and GREAT STORIES as to how and why you got into beach metal detecting as as a full time job. The full series will be shot nationally and internationally on some of the world's most exotic beach locations.

Please reply directly to [email protected] or by phone at
310-924-4004.

Thank you!

Billy Valentine

Congrats on starting a show, but wrong area of forum for this type of post. I am in the LA/Burbank Area, but have no want to be part of any MD'ing reality show.

Good luck,

Greg

I think this is considered SPAM... I'm not sure if we have anyone here, who detects anywhere as a full time job, much less the beach. The focus here, is the hobby, something we do in our spare time.

Do we get to keep the spectacular finds, that are planted for the show? How much does each day of filming pay? What's our percentage each time an episode is aired, sold on DVD? If it's anything like I've heard about the other reality detecting shows, I'd expect some serious compensation, for being made to look like a fool...

Review my posts for the past year and you will see the reality of metal detecting .. I don't think anybody can do it for a living, unless they are being paid by a sponsoring company ..
There are a few that live in places, that make their finds better than most, but as far as a living not likely .. I guess if you live in a hut at the beach and eat alot of fish and soup/ beans from cans :)

Not necessarily spam, but I've asked the OP not to cross post it on several areas of the forum.

A good thread to post my 4 lovely daughters in........................................naw, not gonna do it, wouldnt be prudent.

Maybe you can plant the finds like another TV show we hate. Even people who dont detect tell me they can tell the stuff is planted.

My thought on characters for this show.

10 people are far to many for a reality show, being it MDing or not. What you need is only four or five people, each with their own characteristics and traits.

One could be a bubbly blond girl with a great figure in a skimpy bathing suit who finds everything from sinkers to knock off jewelry. She thinks everything is real. She's also a chad/pull-top magnet. She gets excited with every find. She's more eye candy than anything.

We'll call her Keri, with a 'K'.

The second person has to be "Mister know it all" who finds junk, but swears its real until it gets checked out at the end of the day. He does get lucky once in a while, but something always happens where he never makes a profit. Always bragging about "the big find" but never hits it. He's always having trouble with his MD. Dead batteries, loose coil... broken /lost scoop... etc.

Karma!

We will call him "Stan the man!"

The third person has to be the grumpy one of the lot. He's over weight, bald, wearing a suit of gray/white chest and back hair, khaki shorts and sandals. He has a bad temper and nothing seems to go his way. He finds anything, from coins to jewelry, but the best score always seem to slip from his fat fingers/scoop so he has to scoop up the same find at least three times before it makes it in his pocket. He looks like a buoy, bobbing up and down with the waves.

We'll call him "Angry Bob" for obvious reasons.

Next is a handsome young man, new to MDing who is built like a Greek god and of course rich beyond his means. He has all the new "toys" and gadgets but has no clue how to work any of it. Talk about a dumb blond, he fits the bill to a T. Swims like a lead duck (No body fat) and scares easy. Large fish seem to be attracted to his suntan oil/scent followed by big waves.

We'll call him "Bo".

Then we have the 73 year old woman, with skin the color of tanned leather stretched over thin bones, gray hair, wearing a white t-shirt over her bikini and bright red lip stick. She smokes like a freight train, on and off the beach, never venturing past the surf. With a smokers voice she kills the dry sand, grabbing up coin after coin, jewelry and the occasional Rolex from the dry/wet sand while pulling drag after drag from her Camel cigarettes. She's always seen wearing gold, from rings to necklaces, each one with a story of their own.

She's always on the beach, screaming at the others about "Sharks" and showing off her finds at the end of the day. She stops and talks to anyone with a dog, and blows smoke in peoples faces while talking to them. People approch her asking to help find a lost item in the sand. Her reward, a fresh pack of cigarettes and a Bloody Mary from the nearest bar on the beach.

We'll call her..."Geraldene."

The others just call her "Olé Smoky".

Does anyone have any better characters?? :laughing:

Then we have the 73 year old woman, with skin the color of tanned leather stretched over thin bones, gray hair, wearing a white t-shirt over her bikini and bright red lip stick. She smokes like a freight train, on and off the beach, never venturing past the surf. With a smokers voice she kills the dry sand, grabbing up coin after coin, jewelry and the occasional Rolex from the dry/wet sand while pulling drag after drag from her Camel cigarettes. She's always seen wearing gold, from rings to necklaces, each one with a story of their own.

She's always on the beach, screaming at the others about "Sharks" and showing off her finds at the end of the day. She stops and talks to anyone with a dog, and blows smoke in peoples faces while talking to them. People approch her asking to help find a lost item in the sand. Her reward, a fresh pack of cigarettes and a Bloody Mary from the nearest bar on the beach.

I heard she quit smoking and has been working out

Attachments

• forever18.jpg
    forever18.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 1,209
If they want to guarentee great finds every week then have a show about md'ers and their finds...youd see some great find then..tree shillings, gold necklaces, nuggets etc and you wouldnt have to plant a thing..but it would be like talking to fishermen about their catches...not much fun..betetr to have a highlights reel from the youtube diggers with those live gold coin finds.....you know the ones..where the ground looks disturbed before they even set the digger in and it goes through like a knife through butter...:laughing:

This same guy posted on another forum 2 years ago saying that a show was definite and had been purchased by a network (you can google him to find it). Sounds like he's not too well schooled in how we feel about our hobby. If he's looking for the "BOOM BABY" Mders, they aren't on this forum! Looks like an epic fail to me.

10 people are far to many for a reality show, being it MDing or not. What you need is only four or five people, each with their own characteristics and traits.

One could be a bubbly blond girl with a great figure in a skimpy bathing suit who finds everything from sinkers to knock off jewelry. She thinks everything is real. She's also a chad/pull-top magnet. She gets excited with every find. She's more eye candy than anything.

We'll call her Keri, with a 'K'.

The second person has to be "Mister know it all" who finds junk, but swears its real until it gets checked out at the end of the day. He does get lucky once in a while, but something always happens where he never makes a profit. Always bragging about "the big find" but never hits it. He's always having trouble with his MD. Dead batteries, loose coil... broken /lost scoop... etc.

Karma!

We will call him "Stan the man!"

The third person has to be the grumpy one of the lot. He's over weight, bald, wearing a suit of gray/white chest and back hair, khaki shorts and sandals. He has a bad temper and nothing seems to go his way. He finds anything, from coins to jewelry, but the best score always seem to slip from his fat fingers/scoop so he has to scoop up the same find at least three times before it makes it in his pocket. He looks like a buoy, bobbing up and down with the waves.

We'll call him "Angry Bob" for obvious reasons.

Next is a handsome young man, new to MDing who is built like a Greek god and of course rich beyond his means. He has all the new "toys" and gadgets but has no clue how to work any of it. Talk about a dumb blond, he fits the bill to a T. Swims like a lead duck (No body fat) and scares easy. Large fish seem to be attracted to his suntan oil/scent followed by big waves.

We'll call him "Bo".

Does anyone have any better characters?? :laughing:

I think I would watch that show if it played out like your characters. :lol: Would be some funny stuff!

G2M

WINNER of the 10-10-10 student filmmaking competition for the Santa Barbara International Film Festival. A journalist is assigned to write a piece about an old man with a metal detector seen every day on a local beach. Once he learns of Metal Detector Man's past, he must learn from the mistakes of the past or he too is doomed to repeat them.

PS: I think they would have benefited from a technical consultant.

WINNER of the 10-10-10 student filmmaking competition for the Santa Barbara International Film Festival. A journalist is assigned to write a piece about an old man with a metal detector seen every day on a local beach. Once he learns of Metal Detector Man's past, he must learn from the mistakes of the past or he too is doomed to repeat them.

PS: I think they would have benefited from a technical consultant.

Ha!! No doubt! That coil is like 2 feet off the ground. It would take years to cover an area walking in a straight line without swinging your coil! Lmao!!

This does bring up a good point though....Maybe we should have a section in the classified section for "employment." :laughing: Then he'd have no problem knowing where to post it. Oh, wait...he only has 1 post...sorry, Charlie!:laughing:

Then there's me...

We'll call him "Bo".

There it is...MY ROLE!!! I knew I did all of this working out for a reason!!!

Holla at me, Here they call me O... But you can call me BO!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom