Good News For Tesoro - Bad News For Those Wanting A Mojave

Great point Dan! I know these pea gravel totters around here have hot rocks in them and they can be very hard to hunt on account of all the chatter...so that 'switch flip' is an important feature for this...

We have chip, sand, and pea gravel totters...a few with those ground up tires even...theres gold in the totters if a guy has a rig that can hunt them...

totter,totter,teeter totter! ehe! he! he!

The buzz is in the Beephead...guy has it dialed in and should be the next spokesperson for it. I LOVE my compadre for tot lots and not to mention tear outs...etc so this will certainly be my new low cost unit to my collection.

should be an outrageously good "curb strip" hunter!..7" coil sounds perfect for that!

They do it with every new detector that comes out! LOL A guy finds silver and it HAS to be the detector is so much better than the one he had before LOL

Location plays a huge factor, and you take a guy who always finds silvers in his location, and he uses a new detector in that location, finds silver, and it HAS to be the detector is so much better than all the others they've used? LOL

After a few years on the forum, you start to see this pattern played out every time a new detector hits the market... You get used to it eventually, but gotta giggle at some of these posts!!!

ain't no sh**s and giggles man! a tesoro with the audio "nuances" well learned and sensitivity,and discrimination "set" properly has the ability to "embarrass"
much higher priced "digital" detectors!..it's all in the audio man! a man with only one detector who "knows" the language of that detector is a very dangerous adversary!..indeed!

The Voice in the Machine

I've had quite a few brands and models of detectors over the 30 some odd years that I've been a serious detectorist. I received my first detector 10 years before that. From the beginning, my interest was mainly drawn to coin hunting the yards of old homes.

Some of those detectors came and went rather quickly. Others stayed close for years. All of the detectors that stayed close were not just capable of making a beep, activating a light or moving a needle, they had an audio voice that spoke to me. A magic interaction thru sound.

I'm not sure what future the Mojave holds with me, it really depends on the voice in the machine. I am looking forward to giving the Mojave a run thru some old yards, parks and a few ghost towns to boot.

I'll let you know how we do.

Rich

looking forward to that rich!..as you are aware the "mojave" has "modulated audio!"and it can "talk" to ya in a special way,along with slight differences that an experienced "ear" can distinguish on various targets!..a "lethaL" combination!..get down around anywhere from 6" to 8" on coins in "trash" and the world will be your oyster!..this detector has the potential to be a genuine "sleeper!"..killer coin sniper,with that new coil,and revised internal mother board.
mine's on the way,but i gotta get rid of the snow first!

This is becoming a familiar sight at most dealers and those listed on eBay sale out almost immediately:

Mojave

* This product is currently out of stock or on back-order. (Additional shipping time may be required or there will be a delay in shipping your item). 1 will be backordered.

I told you once word gets out that the Mojave is going to one hot selling detector! Nothing can touch it in its price range. Mine has more than paid for itself in short order. I'm thinking about ordering me another one from Rusty.

I predict that the Mojave will be more poplar than the Silver Sabre µMax, the Troy Shadow X-2, the Silver µMax and yes even the Compadre.

beephead

I like the idea of this inexpensive detector that only takes one 9v, but I'm trying to resist only because I'm pretty sure the new HF elliptical operating at 14khz for the xp is going to fill that curbside/tot lot/tight area niche.

I like the idea of this inexpensive detector that only takes one 9v, but I'm trying to resist only because I'm pretty sure the new HF elliptical operating at 14khz for the xp is going to fill that curbside/tot lot/tight area niche.

I wish you luck, because if you ever pick up and start swinging a Mojave it's so additive that it's hard to put down. Everyone needs a good back-up detector and for only $251.10 shipped with a lifetime warranty.....it's hard to resist.

20 years from now people will talking about the Mojave and how will it works, because without a doubt it's a 'classic' already and will become Tesoro's best selling detector of all time.

I've always dreaded hunting up close to older houses, because they are loaded with nails from construction and roofing nails from when they were re-roofed several times. Not anymore, I'm pulling silver coins with the Mojave that my other detectors can't find. The Mojave does it quietly and with ease. Now I clearly see why Monte prefers the small concentric search coils when he's detecting ghost towns.

beephead

I'm impulsive whether I need something or not, so your not helping. Probably why I have six variations of just the Glock 19. Anyway I think I will control myself since my backup is another Deus that I bought for my wife (told you I was compulsive)...and an atp.

I joined the Mojave clan! Mine will be here sat!
You lucky dog you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm impulsive whether I need something or not, so your not helping. Probably why I have six variations of just the Glock 19. Anyway I think I will control myself since my backup is another Deus that I bought for my wife (told you I was compulsive)...and an atp.
I understand. You can read about all the Mojave finds and I can read about your Deus finds, it's kinda like owning one and not having to spend the money. You really don't need a Mojave if you detect in places that's not trashy and full of nails. LINK.

beephead

We both did, and we both own a deus ...but I think will shine in trashy areas the deus w/11 coil struggles.

Maybe we can get chocolate chip cookies like beephead did.

I'm going to get me Deus as well. Look at all the great detectors that I have and I'm swinging a Mojave. I'm of the opinion that everyone should have a Mojave in their detector arsenal. The Mojave is flat out fun to use and it works GREAT! Also, since it runs so quietly, it's sooooooo relaxing to detect with. I really dislike noisy detectors.

For chocolate chip cookies use the promo code 'beephead' when checking out.

beephead

We both did, and we both own a deus ...but I think will shine in trashy areas the deus w/11 coil struggles.

Maybe we can get chocolate chip cookies like beephead did.

Yeah the way I look at it is I can use the simplicity to teach my boys, plus the light weight won't wear them out.....plus I've satisfied my impulsion. :)

I'm going to get me Deus as well.

Uh oh....we're going to have to start a new church.

Wow, I genuinely thought I would be going up in price bigtime for my next detector.(I have an AT PRO) But listening to all these reviews, I just may be going to save $1K..i would never have thought my next detector would be $250 bucks less than my current detector. There is a video out there that shows the Mojave hitting a coin near a nail the ATPRO did not see. I love reading the reviews as they come in.

Back
Top Bottom