CTX 3030 vs Mojave vs Compadre

Digstrashtomuch

I took the CTX 3030 today to mark some targets at varying depths to compare the Mojave to the Compadre at depth. I specifically went hunting for old coins and marked the targets with flags. The buffalo was at 7 in and the ID was 12 14. The merc was at 8in and read 12 46. The hard times token was at 9in and read 12 34 I thought it was a deep indian. I also marked 3 wheat penny's at about 6in. They read 12 39, 12 40. Went back to the car and got the Mojave and Compadre. This test was done in wet soil so take that for what it is. My soil is highly mineralized 3 to 4 bars on the FE on the f75. The Mojave has to be run with the mineral switch on high. The Compadre is somewhat stable. With the disc set on the I in iron the compadre was able to pick up all the wheats and the buffalo nickel at 7in. Thumbing the disc though lost depth drastically and they went silent at about past the O in foil. I don't hunt with Tesoros by thumbing the disc because of that so I still would have found the wheats and buffalos. The Merc and token was a no go with the Compadre. The Mojave hit them all except the token. The differnce I see in the Mojave and Compadre is the Mojave has more raw power and isn't affected by depth when thumbing the disc as bad as the compadre. I think this would have been a better test to test it against the Silver micromax. The Mojave is just more detector.

Thanks.That's what I was hoping for. Just little boost in difficult ground.

Mine hasn't left Florida yet. I'm beginning to suspect Kellyco didn't really have them in stock. ;-)

I took the CTX 3030 today to mark some targets at varying depths to compare the Mojave to the Compadre at depth. I specifically went hunting for old coins and marked the targets with flags. The buffalo was at 7 in and the ID was 12 14. The merc was at 8in and read 12 46. The hard times token was at 9in and read 12 34 I thought it was a deep indian. I also marked 3 wheat penny's at about 6in. They read 12 39, 12 40. Went back to the car and got the Mojave and Compadre. This test was done in wet soil so take that for what it is. My soil is highly mineralized 3 to 4 bars on the FE on the f75. The Mojave has to be run with the mineral switch on high. The Compadre is somewhat stable. With the disc set on the I in iron the compadre was able to pick up all the wheats and the buffalo nickel at 7in. Thumbing the disc though lost depth drastically and they went silent at about past the O in foil. I don't hunt with Tesoros by thumbing the disc because of that so I still would have found the wheats and buffalos. The Merc and token was a no go with the Compadre. The Mojave hit them all except the token. The differnce I see in the Mojave and Compadre is the Mojave has more raw power and isn't affected by depth when thumbing the disc as bad as the compadre. I think this would have been a better test to test it against the Silver micromax. The Mojave is just more detector.
Great writeup, thanks! I'm surprised the compadre did that well in your soil.

We got a pretty good rain last night so soil was wet and highly conductive. I was a little surprised myself. Compadre is crippled heavily though when you turn the disc up. The Buffalo at 7in really banged hard on the Mojave. I bet it would have got it at 9in. That tax token is made of aluminum though and it couldn't get it. I bet the Mojave would even get deeper with the same 8in coil, will have to try that.

Thanks.That's what I was hoping for. Just little boost in difficult ground.

Mine hasn't left Florida yet. I'm beginning to suspect Kellyco didn't really have them in stock. ;-)

That would not surprise me. I did purchase one from a dealer I have used before in Illinois and they then told me thanks but we don't have them and should in a few weeks...your top of my list. I had to get a refund. Lots of dealers here now have them or were getting them this week. Best thing to do is just call them, maybe they could not ship today because of Presidents Day.

Good info

DTTM,

This is good information. Thanks for taking the time to do your testing. It is appreciated.

Rich

My soil is highly mineralized 3 to 4 bars on the FE on the f75.

What sensitivity does your CTX run at? I live in WA, along the Columbia River, and I have some really bad soil. In Auto+3 I'm lucky to get 8-10 sensitivity. I don't recall ever getting more than 19 where there is a lot of top soil.
My Tesoro Outlaw, with GB, runs nice and stable and I'm curious how the Mojave will do.

On the CTX it depends on the area I am at. I can range from as low as 10 to as high as 18 or so in auto+3. If I run ground coin though and high trash I can run manuel as high as 20 and it's not to bad in places.

Thanks for the comparison. I have also noticed compadres loss of depth while clearing an area of my yard for a test garden. I dug 2 clad quarters at 8-9 inches. They were good signals with disc at minimum and went away between nickel and pull tab. I usually hunt with disc between iron and foil so i dont worry about it but it is eye opening.

Dig It All

Noah

Back
Top Bottom