I just learned that my stepson is in the hospital and not expected to live

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
My step-son was hit by a car on New Year's Day and is in the hospital on life support. This is all I know for right now other than there is talk of taking him off of life support he is only 44. His 45th birthday is February 15th.

Very sorry to hear this. I was hoping the new year would bring good things for you especially after all you have been through this year.
My thought are with you.

Very sorry to hear this. I was hoping the new year would bring good things for you especially after all you have been through this year.
My thought are with you.

Thank you. There's more to this making it worse for the family. His sister died August 2015 due to complications caused by cancer. And his aunt just got out of the hospital after being hospitalized since before Christmas! I will be going back in the hospital for more surgery. The doctor wants to take 2 centimeters more of tissue to ensure the cancer does not return.

I'm so sorry to hear that, don't know what to say other than lean on family members during this time as it helps to lean on each other.

Prayers for you and your son! Keep hope, my wife had a stroke 2 years ago. They called her dead twice that day. She is here with me now, all of her and she's fine. NEVER lose hope.

Got word last night that they will be pulling the plug on him tomorrow - Sunday. I also found out what happened. He had pulled off the side of the road on the highway to remove a dead dog from the road and someone hit him. :(

Most of the family is in Florida including him. Financially and health-wise I cannot attend any service they will have for him. I spoke with his oldest son last night who will graduate from high school this May. He is already attending some classes at a local college there and is planning to become a chemical engineer. I'm so sad that his father will not see him graduate! :(

It's Over. . .

Life support was removed on Saturday. He didn't last long. :crying:
Thanks for all your support and prayers! Please continue the prayers but for me this time as tomorrow I will be seeing the surgeon again to discuss the second surgery.

Kenny's family is having a hard time raising funds to cremate him. I am just hoping their church will help them. I sure can't. Would if I could. They will figure out something.

Back
Top Bottom