Another Digger question Wilcox vs Gator Digger vs Kellyco

Alloyjunkie

Hey guys I'm new to this hobby completely and I've done my research and so far I think I'm going to go with a Wilcox digger or something similar. But then I looked at kellyco and saw some more options.

What's the difference between the Gator digger and the Kellyco "Wilcox" type? I saw one with the pouch and it looked good, but the price is nearly double of the Wilcox diggers or the Kellyco, is it worth the price difference? I don't want to spend the extra money yet if both items are the same. but if theres a big difference in quality Ill go with the Gator digger.

So the question is Gator digger vs Wilcox vs Kellyco

Sorry for the redundant which digger question
Thanks guys

don't know about the Kellyco digger but they are bad about selling things they don't have in stock and taking forever to send them out ... lots of threads here about it ... just a friendly heads up

The Wilcox diggers are excellent tools! It's a solid piece of stainless steel with part of it rolled into the handle, so you don't have a weak spot to break.

The KC gator digger is a cheap copy of the Lesche, and I have heard from quite a few that they have broken on them from normal dirt digging (no rocks, rock-hard ground etc)

You should have a look at the predator tools diggers, I've owned the garrett digger but the predator model 31 imo is the best digger out there

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

The gator tool i was referring to was this type http://www.kellycodetectors.com/accessories/index.php?model=64-5593
A2HD_130271083646728229pyrXSboiIl.jpg

compared to their "wilcox" type
image.php

The one thing i prefer the gator over the plain tool and the wilcox brand is the sawtooth, and on the mobile site i can get it for 25. so they are almost the same price, wilcox being cheaper

Oh, that one. Same design, you can't really screw that up unless using inferior steel. My preference is the straight side wilcox, I've never found the serrated edge to be of the use expected.

Planning on ordering a digger from Wilcox this weekend! Thinking of going with the 201, that is made of thicker gauge material and should be plenty long enough.

I'll probably end up going with the wilcox. There cheaper and durable, i want to use it forget and possibly buy a couple more back ups are that are different lengths and designs. It doesn't hurt to have a few on hand and backups

I have the same digger design by treasure-wise (and just as cheap) and lasted me a LONG time. at least 10 years before it finally bent on me.

I would give the Wilcox Tools digger a try. I've heard good stuff about them and their customer service, if there's an issue.

I gave one of those Gator diggers to a friend and the handle grip was destroyed 2 days later. I sold it to him for $10 and I felt like I may have ripped him off, later!

A tool may be good, as long as the company that makes it stands behind them. I have a Predator Tools 85C Raptor that I hope never breaks, making me have to send it in and deal with a, how shall I say, "fix." :lol:

Checked out the treasure wise I like that too, and I think definitely getting wilcox. I bet I can bring sawteeth if needed. I'll probably buy a short one more and get a long one later.

The gator tool i was referring to was this type http://www.kellycodetectors.com/accessories/index.php?model=64-5593
A2HD_130271083646728229pyrXSboiIl.jpg

compared to their "wilcox" type
image.php

The one thing i prefer the gator over the plain tool and the wilcox brand is the sawtooth, and on the mobile site i can get it for 25. so they are almost the same price, wilcox being cheaper

I don't like either of these models. They are too wide and do not penetrate well. I prefer the Gator Razor edge myself, long and lean, although more expensive it digs better than the two you show, and also digs better than the Lesche. Lifetime guarantee. As for cost, this is America, and you get what you pay for. I had to sharpen the serrated edges and point on my Razor Edge, but it is the best digger I have used, and I've been making little holes in the ground since 1970.

thank you guys for the responses, I'm going to go with wilcox, now my debate is size and width. probably go with the 14x3 202 series

Back
Top Bottom