Nox Gold Chain for my Friend!

Compass

Forum Supporter
A friend of mine was at the beach with his Nox 800 yesterday. In the damp sand he found a small 14K gold chain bracelet:
picture.php

It was very shallow- just below the surface and he said he could have easily missed it. It looks bigger in the picture but only weighs 1.6 grams. The target ID bounced between 1-3.
He also found the 2 gram gold ring in the picture and it was 2 scoops down.
If I remember correctly his settings were, Beach 2, Swing Speed 5, Iron Bias 5 and Sensitivity 20-22. 2 other guys were hunting with him, one swinging an 800 and the other a CTX. They both ran their coils over the chain laying on the sand and the other Nox could hear it too but not the 3030.
So....it is good to see that gold chains can be found with the Equinox. My friend said he felt it was bit of a fluke but I reminded him that this was a small chain in a salt environment with a relatively big coil. He also is still learning the machine as many of us are. All in all, another encouraging Nox tale! HH!

A couple of really nice finds George, your friend did great with his Nox! Was the chain unlatched when he found it?

This thread is very helpful. Thanks.....:yes:

Indeed it is!...Hmmm...that little woven rope chain would be hard to hit in a fresh water environment, heck, that would be hard to hit in a chip totter! Something like that, About all a guy could hope to hear is the clasp...

OK...I'm paying serious NOX attention now! :compcoffee:

Last edited:
I can tell you by looking the CTX would never hit on that one. Got a micro chain I will test with these settings Saturday. Thanks Homie!

Indeed it is!...Hmmm...that little woven rope chain would be hard to hit in a fresh water environment, heck, that would be hard to hit in a chip totter! Something like that, About all a guy could hope to hear is the clasp...

OK...I'm paying serious NOX attention now! :compcoffee:

Salt water makes even smaller stuff appear. That's why we got to check the ground by eye or in some cases a pinpointer when they disappear after exiting the salt ground. Last gold chain I dug disappeared after it left the hole. Luckily I was looking right at the chain on the ground.:lol:

Salt water makes even smaller stuff appear. That's why we got to check the ground by eye or in some cases a pinpointer when they disappear after exiting the salt ground. Last gold chain I dug disappeared after it left the hole. Luckily I was looking right at the chain on the ground.:lol:

Same up here in the fresh on the shores of Lake Michigan...we have magnetized black sand here too...very tough to hunt when it layers up especially...a lot of guys use ML and CZ multifreaks on account of it...but then theres the chains, which remain all but invisible to the current FBS offerings....for some reason, this NOX appears to have an edge...so yeah...I may just pop Off cash sooner than expected...The In Field results and feedback from some reputable Hunters here has been noteworthy...

Attachments

• blow2.jpg
    blow2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 463
  • black s.jpg
    black s.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 459
Same up here in the fresh on the shores of Lake Michigan...we have magnetized black sand here too...
That pic makes me miss summer months in the mitten. Walking barefoot without a care for fire ants, scorpions, and black widows .... wading in water that is free of sea urchins, lion fish, sea rays, sharks, eels, really-big sharks, and jelly fish ... and then cottonmouths and gators that can be in either. :mad:

Attachments

• blow2.jpg
    blow2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 462
Great News

George , i will be happy to find a few this summer, thanks for posting the ID on the chain, i will dig 1 to 40 now , happy hunting, enjoy the NOX, go get some gold, Earl

That is an awesome find for salt. Nox is a nickel loving chain slayer. I wonder if the other Nox was in beach 1 vs 2 and how hard it hit on the other one?

That pic makes me miss summer months in the mitten. Walking barefoot without a care for fire ants, scorpions, and black widows .... wading in water that is free of sea urchins, lion fish, sea rays, sharks, eels, really-big sharks, and jelly fish ... and then cottonmouths and gators that can be in either. :mad:

Right? I dont know how you Southern Salties do it! Up here, a guy dont have to carry any bottled water along on a hunt! Half the year theres plenty of snow to eat when a guy gets thirsty, or else just bend over and take a sip! :laughing:

Attachments

• jan 1- 17.jpg
    jan 1- 17.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 429
  • snow road.jpg
    snow road.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 432
Back
Top Bottom