Anyone use those coin folders?

culcuhain

Does anyone use those dark blue coin folders ? What else is everyone using to log/display their coins? I have all m old pennies and dimes from a kid and kiddo is showing interest. Thanks!

WHITMAN coin books,
I use them and coin tubes, and 2"x 2" square plastic coin holders
find them at Hobby Lobby or at a coin shop .

I've been using them since the 1950's when I first started collecting coins. They still serve the purpose they were intended for very well but have a couple of drawbacks. Larger coins like half dollars or silver dollars have a tendency to fall out and silver coins will tarnish after a certain amount of time because of the sulphur in the cardboard.

I've been using them since the 1950's when I first started collecting coins. They still serve the purpose they were intended for very well but have a couple of drawbacks. Larger coins like half dollars or silver dollars have a tendency to fall out and silver coins will tarnish after a certain amount of time because of the sulphur in the cardboard.

What D4C said. Great for beginning collectors and a way to organize and keep track of the dates you have.

Yes, I like to use coin folders. They make for a compact & well-organized method of storing coins. My favorites are the dark blue Whitman folders, but the H.E. Harris ones (a brand owned by Whitman, I believe) work well, too.

A disadvantage to folders is that they prevent you from viewing one side of the coin (usually the reverse). So there are some coins for which I prefer to use coin flips. But for the most part, I recommend folders as a simple way to organize a collection. :grin:

I’ve bought complete Whitman folders from back in the day, some coins have developed verdigris and the silver coins develop the green slime with heavy tarnish. Some of the older folders used an acid adhesive in the coin holes.

Just keep an eye on the coins.

A disadvantage to folders is that they prevent you from viewing one side of the coin (usually the reverse). So there are some coins for which I prefer to use coin flips. But for the most part, I recommend folders as a simple way to organize a collection. :grin:
That’s when you want a Dansco, the folder with the coin “windows”, that allows you to see both sides of the coin.

Does anyone use those dark blue coin folders ? What else is everyone using to log/display their coins? I have all m old pennies and dimes from a kid and kiddo is showing interest. Thanks!
Some like myself use the 2x2 cardboard flips, which install into plastic sheets with pockets and fit into a three ring binder, really nice.

Thank you all for the great advice. I think I will go the 2*2 route in a binder and fill out the dates. I am going to use this for the kiddo and give him all my duplicate coins

Back
Top Bottom