Etrac 4.5x7 dd excel five target plug

Trashfinder

Forum Supporter
So i was out today for an hour before church and was trying out my new Detech excel 4.5x7 coil on an empty lot that is very trashy. I got a solid 13-47 and started to get excited thinking maybe just maybe i had a nice one. Was solid both directions and hitting at 3/4 on the etrac depth indicator. I dug the plug as deep as my sampson shovel will go and flipped it over. Stuck the carrot in the bottom and off it went, so i put the shovel back in the hole and pushed another inch and as i moved it sideways i hit something solid. Still not sure what it is but when you scratch it, it is copper colored. Disappointed i flipped the plug back over and decided to sweep the plug again, this time i get a solid 12-43 , so i am like ok and flip it back over and start with the bottom of the plug on one side of the plug i get a small nail and think i know that is not a 12-43. So i after some more searching on the other side of the plug near the bottom i get a clad dime. I flip the plug back in the hole and sweep it again and bam now i get a solid 12-13 , i am like wow and i flip it over again and i find a square tab and good sized nail maybe a half inch apart. That was it when i rechecked it again.

Interesting that the very first signal i got was not mixed or jumping, extremely solid 13-47 both ways. Second time i scanned the plug after putting back was solid 12-43 no jumping , 3 rd time after putting plug back solid 12-13. All that junk was on top of the deepest copper thingy, then the square tab and 2 inch nail on top of the dime and small nail that were below it. I think i am going to like this coil!!

Attachments

• CRAZY HOLE.jpg
    CRAZY HOLE.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 151
Trashfinder.
This coil will not disappoint you.
I have owned this coil for three years,
It brings me interesting findings.
Look at my themes and you will see
results of searches with this coil.
Small tip: close the insulation
tape joint between protection and coil:
will not get dirt.

It's a great little coil - really gets into the tight spots !

Note - From what I've been told - the E-Trac's depth meter is calibrated for the stock 11" coil - so when you use a smaller coil -
targets will read deeper than they really are.

Even though the CTX is thought to be better with ID, my Explorer2 will also do what you just did....pull coins out of junk like that. Amazing capabilities these things have! That experience should boost your confidence in your setup for sure....

Back
Top Bottom