New Minelab Equinox

I received my Equinox 600 more than a week ago and since then we have had almost 4 inches of rain (and now a dusting of snow)

Seriously?!

On the bright side, it looks nice standing in my closet....:roll:

It is exciting that I am finally able to get back into the hobby (I sold my Etrac in 2015), but the wait is killing me!

Fortunately there are plenty of informative posts on settings, etc. so I am soaking up as much knowledge as I can.

I received my Equinox 600 more than a week ago and since then we have had almost 4 inches of rain (and now a dusting of snow)

Seriously?!

On the bright side, it looks nice standing in my closet....:roll:

It is exciting that I am finally able to get back into the hobby (I sold my Etrac in 2015), but the wait is killing me!

Fortunately there are plenty of informative posts on settings, etc. so I am soaking up as much knowledge as I can.

Same here. The rain , snow , and cold are giving no early breaks this year. I have been lucky enough to get out a few times though.

A friendly reminder here for those who possess Equinox units or those who plan on getting.

Pay particular attention when transporting your units.

What I am referring to here is the magnetic charging port on detector as well as the magnetic port on wi stream headphone module.

These both can pick up metal things when exposed. Hence there could be a possibility of you shorting out either or your detector's battery or the battery in the wireless module.

My headphone module picked up a nail today when I laid it down briefly.

Just thought I would share.

Does it work on modern pulltabs? They're a pretty consistent aluminum alloy.

Just checked it with various modern tabs and an old beavertail....doesn't work, at least with them just laying on top of the ground. I have a gold ring that rings up exactly the same as one of the beavertail tabs...a 15. I've listened and listened, tried various coil movements, and different settings, but for the life of me I can't discern a difference between the two. With the compressed ID #'s of the nox it seems a little more difficult to tell if you have gold under the coil vs my F70 with a 1-99 ID range. For example, that same gold ring that comes in at 15 on the nox comes in at 39 on the F70...both very solid. Seems like nothing else I've ever found came in at a solid 39 on the F70, but many tabs come in at 15 on the nox. So when I saw 39 and it being non-wavering, I knew something was up and sure enough it was a gold ring.

EDIT: I have to retract that last part about the F70. I just tried it out on the same gold ring and pulltab that rang up the same on the NOX. They also rang up the same on the F70. The big difference is that the NOX ID was much more stable compared to the F70 which is what you would think being that the F70 goes from 1-99 vs the NOX at -9-40 ID range. In fact on the F70 the ID bounced in a 3 digit range on the ring and on the NOX it stayed an absolute solid 15. The NOX did bounce from 14-15 on the beavertail pulltab depending on which direction I swung on it....some directions got a solid 15 and others got a 14-15 bounce. Now I have test some of my gold rings that do bounce on the NOX...I guess they're right between ID numbers and it can't choose one or the other. Same though for pulltabs...some bounce between two numbers and others are solid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom