Impact vs Rutus Alter

Please give us a report on how you like it! This is another detector I've been looking at along with the impact and the deeptech warrior.

I like it a lot! It's both easy to use because of the default programs, and very customizable.

There is a thread that where we discussed it extensively. Both Tennessee Sharpshooter and ghound made great contributions.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=247145

I like it a lot! It's both easy to use because of the default programs, and very customizable.

There is a thread that where we discussed it extensively. Both Tennessee Sharpshooter and ghound made great contributions.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=247145

Thanks for the update. I've been watching the other thread also. This looks like a great detector, especially for the price.

Thanks for the update. I've been watching the other thread also. This looks like a great detector, especially for the price.

I think it is. For example, on a 3030 thread, someone made an example of one of its strengths is to be able to set your own town for a range of VDI's. You can do that with the Rutus.

The only thing I think the Rutus is missing is being able to manually adjust ground balance and ground balance tracking.

I've not used the Impact, but the Rutus is the best machine i've used for low conductors in iron to date!
If your looking to select a mode and go detecting either will work, if you want to customize and fine tune your detector to a certain situation, the Rutus lets you do so, the Impact would need a factory update to let you change say the reactivity within a fixed mode.
The Rutus has wireless, works perfect, can run both concentric and DD coils, though it needs more coils imho, i'd actually like to see a perfect tuned hot single freq 18khz coil for it also, i get the feeling the unit is more advanced than the coils.
It's lighter, cheaper, so far bulletproof in its software, can be set so fast it's dizzy, endless audio options, hot rock shift etc etc
A crazy good detector for the cash.

Back
Top Bottom