Modifications on Classic 3 SL

seadog2

Found this on surfscanner website { Mr Bill ?} , anyway , is this an easy modification I can do myself ?

"The very popular Classic III SL * responds very favorably to modifications.

We add a receiver "Boost" circuit that adds about 2" to 2.5" recovery depth in the discriminate mode. This modification will allow your older unit to perform better than the newer "PRO" model."

I also have wondered the same thing as I to have a Classic III. If I knew what parts are needed and where they go I could easily do the mod - since besides being a dairy farmer I also have been a satellite dealer on the side for the past 20 years and have done many electronic repairs on satellite receivers, scanners,cb's,etc. I emailed Mr. Bill some time ago asking about the benefits of the mod,price of the mod. etc. and I have never got a reply. I would have to guess that Mr. Bill makes some extra money doing the mod. and might not want to let out the info how to do it as it would take away from his business. But I sure wish I had the schematics on how to do the mod's. Steve.

All I know is Mr.Bill is an awesome guy and its my advice you call him in the afternoons or weekends. I have been to see him on the Cape.

I never received your email.

If you go to this web link it will explain the modifications. 
http://www.surfscanner.com/Surfscan3/Modifications.html 

You can phone me at: 508-457-4805 after 3 PM Eastern Time.

Thanks
Mr. Bill

SkiWhiz said:
I also have wondered the same thing as I to have a Classic III. If I knew what parts are needed and where they go I could easily do the mod - since besides being a dairy farmer I also have been a satellite dealer on the side for the past 20 years and have done many electronic repairs on satellite receivers, scanners,cb's,etc. I emailed Mr. Bill some time ago asking about the benefits of the mod,price of the mod. etc. and I have never got a reply. I would have to guess that Mr. Bill makes some extra money doing the mod. and might not want to let out the info how to do it as it would take away from his business. But I sure wish I had the schematics on how to do the mod's. Steve.

This is not a do-it-your-self type modification. The board is a double side print, very easy to damage. One needs to remove & replace componets to do the modification.

Please phone me at: 508-457-4805 between 3PM-7PM Eastern time if you want to talk about it.

Mr. Bill

seadog2 said:
Found this on surfscanner website { Mr Bill ?} , anyway , is this an easy modification I can do myself ?

"The very popular Classic III SL * responds very favorably to modifications.

We add a receiver "Boost" circuit that adds about 2" to 2.5" recovery depth in the discriminate mode. This modification will allow your older unit to perform better than the newer "PRO" model."

You can find details of the modifications on the web but as your in the U.S. and Bill charges so little for the work which will transform the machine its not really worth the effort.
(You should also get a premium over the standard Classic when/if you sell your modified machine on so it will really cost you nothing in the long run).

Back
Top Bottom