New Years Eve WI HUNT

IDXMonster

Elite Member
Much fun was had again as a few of us managed a "woods" hunt and 3 of 4 guys came away with good coins! Trapper,Dewsweeper and Dewsweeper Jr. joined me in Milwaukee for the festivities.
To be able to viably hunt in our area at this time of year is really special,and whoever put out the word about hunting in the woods so long ago...THANKS! To be sitting still for a few months is not my thing,as I do not have other hobbies. To know that this can be done essentially opens the entire year,albeit some colder hunting conditions.
And...I'll be going tomorrow as well,hunting on New Years has become a tradition in the last couple of years,nothing better than that!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Be safe,be smart(ish) and if you don't know her last name...wrap that rascal!

View attachment 371992Congrats on your sweet silver IDX , And that nice buff 👍
Could you get a date off it when you got home ?

Congrats to trapper on is couple silvers . And the nice barber dime . And that sweet Indian . Another great little hunt by the legend that is jack n Jill . And he makes great hot coco. ☕
. I ended up with 84 cents in clad 4 wheaties and that merc was a 1944 . Not bad for wondering around aimlessly in the woods .

I had a great time .. bet I dug 50 screw caps .. I'm actualy exaughsted . Be lucky to make it till 9 pm tonight . See you next year boyZ .

Attachments

• IMG_1399.jpg
    IMG_1399.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Thank you all for this last hunt of 2016. A great time for us all. Sorry Brett did not go home with shine (he did pull a Chucky Cheese token) but he is a class act and will produce a lot of numbers if he does what he did today. For me I was very lucky, first three holes all produced coins (clad Dime, a Wheat and a Indian) but went a couple of hours and a lot of trash before I dug another good plug. That being a 3 coin pocket spill with a Wheat, a Memorial and the Rosie. About an hour later I dug another Memorial. A bit later Dew's joined up with me and i manage another clad dime. As we we talking and walking I got a very nice hit just of my footprints in the snow. seems I missed it the first time through. This being the bi-centennial Quarter. Took another step and got a repeat signal. Dew's said they travel in pairs only this time I had a ice plug. I had to dig a few inches to the side and then angle out the dirt. The frozen plug was then able to chip out. Waiting in the soft soil below to my surprise was a Barber dime. The Indian looks pretty nice on the heads side but is toast on the tails. Now you have my play by play of the four and a half hours I spent with some quality guys. I look forward to the new year and a lot more outings with these guys. Trapper

Attachments

• 12-31-16.jpg
    12-31-16.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 280
  • 12-31-16 3.jpg
    12-31-16 3.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 273
  • 12-31-16 4.jpg
    12-31-16 4.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 272
  • 12-31-16 1.jpg
    12-31-16 1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 281
  • 12-31-16 2.jpg
    12-31-16 2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 282
  • 12-31-16 5.jpg
    12-31-16 5.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 264
I am jealous guys. This WI hunter is in Vegas and metal detecting everyday. Since Vegas was almost a ghost town until the 60's, the chance of finding silver or a wheat are rather remote. I have found 2 rings (1 silver) 2 other silver pieces and about $20 in quarters. Enjoy seeing your silver. Good luck tomorrow.

I am jealous guys. This WI hunter is in Vegas and metal detecting everyday. Since Vegas was almost a ghost town until the 60's, the chance of finding silver or a wheat are rather remote. I have found 2 rings (1 silver) 2 other silver pieces and about $20 in quarters. Enjoy seeing your silver. Good luck tomorrow.

Oh you poor baby ... stuck in Vagas?
Odds I can't get out today ..the 1st of 2017.
That contest on the oldest Wisconsin found 2017 coin starts today.
Yesterday's hunt was a last min gig and I wish more could have joined .
Mattmit and r Luna have been suspiciously quiet. Never underestimate the sneakyness of these killer hunters . 😎
I can't wait to see what they scrounge up.
Unfortunately my tracking devise I mounted under the bumpers of there detectormobiles were made in China and the Wisconsin road salt has rendered them unreliable .
Good luck to what I now call
.. The Wisconsin Ant Hill Mob .
After getting togeather and seeing all these guys climbing over every inch of an aria all at one time I can see no other fitting name for them . 🐜 🐜🐜🐜 🐜🐜🐜 🐜🐜
Good luck my friends .
HH, Dew

Attachments

• IMG_1370.JPG
    IMG_1370.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Action shots

🐜 Ant Hill Mob in action .

The poor girl walking down this wooded path had the most fearful and confused look on her face as she approached this intimidating mob .

Attachments

• IMG_1368.jpg
    IMG_1368.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 235
I gotta say, You Cheesehead Badgers are a real trip! Good on ya all for getting together and getting out on NYE! Really stellar finds! Well done!
Mud

I gotta say, You Cheesehead Badgers are a real trip! Good on ya all for getting together and getting out on NYE! Really stellar finds! Well done!
Mud

Mud , we are considering a fundraising campaign to gather the funds needed to fly you in as a gues celberty hunter at a future gathering . Knowing what a low budget opporation we have and the fact that your agent is holding out for a significant appearance fee may take some time.
The odd demands you requested waiting for you in your room at the Hyatt regency have us a little concerned .
The fresh cheese extra squeeky cheese curds and beer soaked johnsonville brats are no big deal... but what's with the breeding pair of panda bears and the half time dance team from the Milwaukee Bucks ?

Oh you poor baby ... stuck in Vagas?
Odds I can't get out today ..the 1st of 2017.
That contest on the oldest Wisconsin found 2017 coin starts today.
Yesterday's hunt was a last min gig and I wish more could have joined .
Mattmit and r Luna have been suspiciously quiet. Never underestimate the sneakyness of these killer hunters . 😎
I can't wait to see what they scrounge up.
Unfortunately my tracking devise I mounted under the bumpers of there detectormobiles were made in China and the Wisconsin road salt has rendered them unreliable .
Good luck to what I now call
.. The Wisconsin Ant Hill Mob .
After getting togeather and seeing all these guys climbing over every inch of an aria all at one time I can see no other fitting name for them . 🐜 🐜🐜🐜 🐜🐜🐜 🐜🐜
Good luck my friends .
HH, Dew
Dew, you are right--Randy and Matt are some rather dubious individuals. Forget the tracking device, just call me and I can tell you where they are. Randy killed it yesterday. 6 silver and 14 wheaties. He has really turned into a killer with his etrac. They went out this morning to the same place. I really enjoyed the group hunt at Grant. We need to do it more often.

Dew, you are right--Randy and Matt are some rather dubious individuals. Forget the tracking device, just call me and I can tell you where they are. Randy killed it yesterday. 6 silver and 14 wheaties. He has really turned into a killer with his etrac. They went out this morning to the same place. I really enjoyed the group hunt at Grant. We need to do it more often.

Dubious ? Lol. Let the record show it's not me stirring the pot today .
I hope they are on em again today .
Looking forward to seeing some saves . Wondering who else will get out and poke around this first day of 2017. I should go chizzel a wheat penny from my front yard and post it on the contest thread quick. Something tells me it will be my only chance to hold the lead for oldest coin this year .. even if it is only for an hour .
:)

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Mud
Mud , we are considering a fundraising campaign to gather the funds needed to fly you in as a gues celberty hunter at a future gathering . Knowing what a low budget opporation we have and the fact that your agent is holding out for a significant appearance fee may take some time.
The odd demands you requested waiting for you in your room at the Hyatt regency have us a little concerned .
The fresh cheese extra squeeky cheese curds and beer soaked johnsonville brats are no big deal... but what's with the breeding pair of panda bears and the half time dance team from the Milwaukee Bucks ?

Say Dew's, The demands for the Mating Pandas or the dance team does not bother me as much as that we have to put Mud on our best sites. I even could live with that if his demands did not include that we can't have coils on our machines with our hunts with him and be dressed in our Sunday best in his presence. Do you think you could negotiate a little better deal upon our behalf? Just saying we really don't have to dream so big, do we? Trapper

View attachment 371992Congrats on your sweet silver IDX , And that nice buff 👍
Could you get a date off it when you got home ?

Congrats to trapper on is couple silvers . And the nice barber dime . And that sweet Indian . Another great little hunt by the legend that is jack n Jill . And he makes great hot coco. ☕
. I ended up with 84 cents in clad 4 wheaties and that merc was a 1944 . Not bad for wondering around aimlessly in the woods .

I had a great time .. bet I dug 50 screw caps .. I'm actualy exaughsted . Be lucky to make it till 9 pm tonight . See you next year boyZ .

Yeah now we know why they're called "screw" caps,it's a screwing every time you dig one. The Merc is a 1920 and your boy has got some good eyeballs! He thought it was a 1916 Buffalo and that's what it is. It just goes to PROVE that there is stuff laying all through that place,it just takes awhile to find it. There's really no rhyme or reason to placement. It's just over a hundred years of people running around willy nilly. I'm very pleased the 3 old guys came away with silver coins. Sooner or later Brett will have to pony up for a Minelab if he wants to do things right...;)
And,between the 3 of us we got a trifecta of dimes! Nothing better...
Happy hunting in 2017 to everyone,WI or not. All of us know by now that the potential for great finds lays almost everywhere,it just takes some drive and time to go get it. A bit of luck doesn't hurt....

Great job guys, congrats! Trapper looks like you were cream of the crop again today!

🐜 Ant Hill Mob in action .

The poor girl walking down this wooded path had the most fearful and confused look on her face as she approached this intimidating mob .

:laughing: we were kind of like a bad A$$ MD Gang, I'm sure they were intimidated :laughing:

I had about four dudes on bicycles rode by and one said just a tad sarcastically " J$@% C*^%€, I guess we should have had metal detectors." Now how the flock can a man wearing a yellow spandex onesie in public, make fun of geeky guys like us running around through the park with MDers, headphones and serrated digging tools.

Back
Top Bottom