Fisher 1280x Aquanaut or tesero tiger shark

wrldtrker

Forum Supporter
I need input on which detector is best for strictly fresh water hunting. I have a tejon and swear by it so I am leaning in tesero's direction but have been impressed by comments on the 1280x

I don't know anything about the Treasure Shark but the 1280 has been around for a long time. I have a friend who used to take one to the Caribbean several times a year. He found lots of gold rings and even more silver in the water. He said he always made enough to pay for his trip (air fare and lodging) and come out several thousand dollars ahead. He used to recast the rings he found and made new ones which he sold. I saw a large box of silver jewelry that he had found that didn't really interest him because of the gold that he found.

Both are good machines for fresh water hunting. I personally prefer the Tiger Shark, but my hunting partner has a 1280 fisher. As far as finds go my Tiger seems to have better luck on the Gold even my buddy says he wishes he had got the Tesoro over the 1280, but both machines will find the goods in the hands of a good operator. If your buying a new machine the lifetime warranty on Tesoro's is a big plus. Either way get one and get to hunting! Good Luck.

IMO, it's a coin toss. Whichever you can find a good deal on when you're looking will do.
I picked up my 1280X with a hard case for $250, and it paid for itself the first time out.

I have a Fisher CZ-21 and a Tesoro SS that I use for salt water hunting. From using both I prefer the ease of battery changes on the SS. I find the gasket to my CZ being finicky to "proper placement". I have always read that the Tiger is very sensitive to small gold also. If you're buying new like Charlie said the lifetime warranty on the Tesoro is a no-brainer.

Back
Top Bottom