First Hunt with my CTX 3030

SquareNails

I received my new CTX today and had to go try it out! I took it to a old home site I have hunted for 2 years now, the last 5 times I went there I didn't even find a button with my AT pro. In the first 20 mins I found a 1936 merc and 10 mins later a 1864 Indian Head. Both targets were found in allot of nails. I am very pleased so far with the CTX I have a long way to go to learn how to use all of the features correctly but it impressed me for a 2hr hunt on my first time out at a spot it thought I had "cleaned out".

Attachments

• 0630162044.jpg
    0630162044.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 254
  • 0630162028a.jpg
    0630162028a.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 248
Doesn't the CTX have a macro lens? ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I need to get a better camera ... took the pic on a flip phone. Yea my kids make fun of me too.

Big Congrats on your finds! I use a little Canon PowerShot SD600 Digital Elph camera that I got off of EBay. I paid less than $20 shipped for it and it takes great pictures. I have a IPhone, but I don't won't to chance messing it up out in the field. Besides, the SD600 takes great micro shots.

beephead

Nice job Square! More than anything....trust it! Try this...put it in the factory Silver mode and don't change ANYTHING ELSE. Dig ALL solid responses. See what happens. "Iffy" responses with the CTX,I've found,are junk in the Silver mode. In fact "iffy" stuff in any mode I've used is junk. I define iffy as stuff I can't make repeat nicely. Maybe I'm missing stuff but the hundred or so I've dug so far have been nothing I've wanted so I stopped doing it.
I got off track...good work,keep it going!

Thanks IDX I have a long way to go in learning this machine. Allot of settings and things to play with on this one. I'm running just the stock programs for now but I will try silver. All I have tried so far is the coin program on the 11" coil I did buy the 6" coil but was going to run the 11" till I got a feel for it. Any hints and tips on the CTX is appreciated.

Thanks IDX I have a long way to go in learning this machine. Allot of settings and things to play with on this one. I'm running just the stock programs for now but I will try silver. All I have tried so far is the coin program on the 11" coil I did buy the 6" coil but was going to run the 11" till I got a feel for it. Any hints and tips on the CTX is appreciated.

The one thing that I'd recommend to anyone with any machine(don't take this as gospel) is to not overwork a site if you don't have to. If you have nowhere else to hunt,SOME hunting to me is better than NO hunting. But,a guy such as yourself might buy a CTX or anything else,take it to that hammered out site and not find much of anything. Disappointment is sure to follow,that's a bunch of money to not find anything further! It just might not be there. Move on to a different site if and when you can,we all like to see steady returns and it makes us feel successful. Nobody wants to go fishing and never catch fish. While the hunt is fun,the object is to eventually find something. No matter how good your machine is,if it's not there you won't find it. If it IS there,I believe what you have will certainly help you find it!

Back
Top Bottom