Holder for T handle

altereddezignz

Anyone have any ideas on how to jeep from having to carry around a t handle in your hand all the time?

Anyone have any ideas on how to jeep from having to carry around a t handle in your hand all the time?
I just bought a 18 inch and it came with a belt holder. I have trouble getting up an need the shovel mostly for getting up. The part that holds the T handle is heavy plastic, I heated it with a pen torch, and bent it open so handle just drops in.
Jim

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I've used one like that for a couple years called a ReadyShovel. Very nifty. The sheath types seem problematic in my mind since the shovel blade usually pick up dirt and then dirt gets jammed into the sheath. The one in the link works easily on either my 18" Mini or my 28" Ground Shark. It works on the 31" Sampsons I hear.

Kinda sucks that Colonial charges the high shipping like that. That's how some businesses get the profits. Oh well.

I love my light, easy to use, T handle carrier. martin

I've used one like that for a couple years called a ReadyShovel. Very nifty. The sheath types seem problematic in my mind since the shovel blade usually pick up dirt and then dirt gets jammed into the sheath. The one in the link works easily on either my 18" Mini or my 28" Ground Shark. It works on the 31" Sampsons I hear.

Kinda sucks that Colonial charges the high shipping like that. That's how some businesses get the profits. Oh well.

ya..i bought a new machine from them...i live close by them and they couldnt compete with the other sponsors(even without shipping it,i picked it up)...but i bought it anyway cuz i didnt wanna wait 3 days to get it.

Shipping on that item is 2.60 first class mail.
That is normal...
I think I will buy one.. I hope it fits my relic hunter shovel..

I have one of the ready shovel holsters...dang metal rivets broke through the leather. Got it zippy tied back together.

I am more interested in a t type holder and not a sheave or however it is spelled. It also must fit on or around a 2" belt as i use a thick nylon belt.
Think i may just use a piece of 2" pvc pipe and cut it and straighten the back out and find a way to attach it to the belt.

Thanks

I have one of the ready shovel holsters...dang metal rivets broke through the leather. Got it zippy tied back together.

What length shovel do you carry? I've not had stress failures in years carrying my 18" shovel. It does feel "bulky" when longer shovels. I, myself, won't likely carry my longer shovels in the carrier.

There's a second source, mentioned here in earlier posts. That one looks nice is is well priced. I personally won't build my own out of PVC, not for the little money this one sells for. Different strokes for different folks

It is a 36" i think ill have to measure. I will not put it in a sheath simply b/c of the mud and i want quick easy access to it. I have looked at the ones mentioned above but i dont like the fact that i have read that the rivets are tearing through the leather. Why pay 13.50 when i can make for 2.50? But yes i understand what your saying about making vs buying. Some people just don't have the ability and some do.

Shipping on that item is 2.60 first class mail.
That is normal...
I think I will buy one.. I hope it fits my relic hunter shovel..

I was wondering about the "check for $4.99" statement for replacements if there was a failure. That seems out of line for failure costs. Original shipping at $2.60 is par for USPS.

It is a 36" i think ill have to measure. I will not put it in a sheath simply b/c of the mud and i want quick easy access to it. I have looked at the ones mentioned above but i dont like the fact that i have read that the rivets are tearing through the leather. Why pay 13.50 when i can make for 2.50? But yes i understand what your saying about making vs buying. Some people just don't have the ability and some do.

By the looks of the one from Colonial, I don't think it uses rivets. It looks like a one piece design.

BTW, I'll never opt for a sheath type either, for the same reasons. I've never carried my Lesche in it's sheath either. Too much mud and dirt grief.

I keep mine in the sheath but i have cut the whole bottom off it so it is open and does not collect junk.

I dunno just have read where the rivets tear through the leather.

Back
Top Bottom