Eyeball Find in Ga.

onthespot

Elite Member
My family purchased a house and land in Ga that was part of a big Plantation. Our property sits on what's known as "Slosheye Trail" that was a heavily used Indian trail that later became a well used civil war trail. We have a 1 room school building, a smoke house and a "Store" building that the slaves could purchase goods, and the original Well boarded up on our property. We also have numerous knocked down old walls of buildings. 1/4 mile down the road is an ancient Train Station that the owner says the was heavily used during the Civil war. Since we bought it, I have wanted to hunt it, but have not gotten around to it. For the last 20 years, my family goes up for Thanksgiving. The men deer hunt, the women shop. Well this year, one of my nephews came into the house carrying a little cannonball that he picked up in the back yard. I think it's time to go up and hunt for a week after Thanksgiving.

Any info on what kind of round this is would be appreciated. I am a beach hunter and have never relic hunted before.

Attachments

• Doolley Cannon Ball.jpg
    Doolley Cannon Ball.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 362
Grape shot--shows that a battle took place close by. Excellent place to hunt.

Back
Top Bottom