• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

48th Hunt Of 2016 - 360° Camera

Dsm_mechva

Forum Supporter
A short hunt to test out something new.. using a 360° camera for metal detecting!

Pretty cool for a site not easily identified by landmarks or maybe a group hunt so the viewer can look around at everyone.

To watch 360° videos, you need the latest version of Chrome, Opera, Firefox, or Internet Explorer on your computer.

On mobile devices, use the latest version of the YouTube app for Android or iOS. You physically move the phone around or can use touch screen to move around.

The compression YouTube puts on the video reduces the quality of the original video but here it is....

https://youtu.be/cZ6Xl-6MlqM

Last edited:
I probably won't use the 360 camera much but it was fun to try it out.

It's a good bit more processing to have it still come out in 360 after editing and YouTube compression for 360 videos just doesn't look good enough for all the effort. so back to my Fo-Pro and 2016 may be the end of the videos for the handful of viewers I have and use that extra time to dig more, I haven't decided on that yet.

That is pretty cool and would be fun to watch a group hunt. Maybe even a secondary view on a live dig in a subset in the corner.

Now go hire a production crew. LOL

That is pretty cool and would be fun to watch a group hunt. Maybe even a secondary view on a live dig in a subset in the corner.

Now go hire a production crew. LOL

Hm now you have me thinking. Can I put a pip in the corner ..I think it will fisheye it with the processing that has to be done for the 360 video to work though. I may test it out.

I think group hunt would be a great use for it , the video is HD and looks great but YouTube ruins it with the compression when you upload it which ends up looking like SD video to me.

I actually work in video production for my job but tend to keep these videos more raw than the editing I do for work.

Back
Top Bottom