Help on Garrett waterproof headphones (blue ones)

The Wolf

Elite Member
So I found the short in the wire of my AT Pro water headphones. It had been cutting in and out on me for a while so I decided to do the fix. I took it apart, found the short in the wire, cut off the bad section and spliced it all back together. I then siliconed in over the connections and the splice with Goop. They worked fine after that.

Then me being me, decided to make sure I had done the waterproofing job right and took the ear cup apart again. When I did this I ripped all the connections from the speaker.

I wonder is someone could tell me how the wires are connected so I cam solder them back.

There's the red, white, black wires and the wire without any rubber shielding that was originally wrapped around the white wire. I can add pics, but don't think it will help.

I tried to just bypass that speaker and use just one ear phone, but it doesn't seem to work like that.

Any help would be great. I'm pulling out the soldering kit right now. Thanks yall.

So I found the short in the wire of my AT Pro water headphones. It had been cutting in and out on me for a while so I decided to do the fix. I took it apart, found the short in the wire, cut off the bad section and spliced it all back together. I then siliconed in over the connections and the splice with Goop. They worked fine after that.

Then me being me, decided to make sure I had done the waterproofing job right and took the ear cup apart again. When I did this I ripped all the connections from the speaker.

I wonder is someone could tell me how the wires are connected so I cam solder them back.

There's the red, white, black wires and the wire without any rubber shielding that was originally wrapped around the white wire. I can add pics, but don't think it will help.

I tried to just bypass that speaker and use just one ear phone, but it doesn't seem to work like that.

Any help would be great. I'm pulling out the soldering kit right now. Thanks yall.

Bummer..I googled it (I'm sure you did too) the only result I got brought me back to your post.

Just a random idea ..if you have some small wired alligator clips you could maybe try different connections until you find the right combination that works. Without having to solder it and then once you find the magic combination you'll know where to solder it.

Not sure if there is room enough to clamp them on ..but just an idea.

Bummer..I googled it (I'm sure you did too) the only result I got brought me back to your post.

Just a random idea ..if you have some small wired alligator clips you could maybe try different connections until you find the right combination that works. Without having to solder it and then once you find the magic combination you'll know where to solder it.

Not sure if there is room enough to clamp them on ..but just an idea.

Excellent idea. I do have some clips. I will give it a shot. Thanks bud.

Back
Top Bottom