1991 Uncirculated Double Die penny

post pictures for us to help you!!.. and fyi it is called a Doubled die

Hey PokePlayer! It's flygon_frank from PokeGym,

I found what I thought to be one of these in a penny box a while back, and turned out to be a type of error called "machine doubling." I've never heard of another one, so that's really cool if you found one!

Here is more info about it: http://www.pcgs.com/Articles/Detail/3532

They still hold a few dollars value as "conversation pieces." But not as double dies.

Hey PokePlayer! It's flygon_frank from PokeGym,

I found what I thought to be one of these in a penny box a while back, and turned out to be a type of error called "machine doubling." I've never heard of another one, so that's really cool if you found one!

Here is more info about it: http://www.pcgs.com/Articles/Detail/3532

They still hold a few dollars value as "conversation pieces." But not as double dies.

I honestly am only 50% sure I have one. And I know that they can go for around $50. At Least that is what I heard. And hi. Can you explain what Machine Doubling mean? And right after school tomorrow I am planning on looking through a ton of pennies to check them all. And personally I have trouble telling whether or not it is doubled die if it is not Gem BU or at least Uncirculated.

S'okay...

To post a pic, click the "edit" button on your original post.
Then click "go advanced"
Then in the bottom half of that page click on "manage attachments", and browse to the pic you want to upload.

There are lots of sites for error pennies.

Try googling 1991 double die.

Some good links will come up with tons of info.

For the most part, "machine doubling" will give you a step-like or shelf like double of really any part of a coin.

Where as a double die will have you seeing just that.....double....kinda like double vision!

It's a tricky error to learn to spot.

Get a jewelers loupe. At least 10x power.I been lookin' since childhood,back in the mid-sixties and have yet to find either a DDO or DDR. But I still check all my finds and pocket change to this day....

Back
Top Bottom