A little King tide High Surf action!

Slimpickuns

Forum Supporter
Well one of my favorite spots got hit with some big surf and with the king tides coinciding, it ripped open a sweet spot and made for some intense wet sand target pumping! Hit the same spot for 4 low tide hunts and managed 4 gold on the 1st hunt, 6 gold on the 2nd, and 1 gold on the 3rd. No gold on the 4th hunt but I did pull silver, 1 of which was a surprise Walking Liberty Half Dollar that is in pretty toasted condition..A good amount of silver, clad, and old lead on all 4 hunts... Oh and lots of trash too.. It was damn fun while it lasted! So the totals are :18k- 2.3g, 14k- 21.4g, 10k- 4g, Silver- 3.73 oz.

Thanks for looking, HH!

Attachments

• 20200708_094847.jpg
    20200708_094847.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 722
  • 20200708_094908.jpg
    20200708_094908.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 674
  • 20200708_095903.jpg
    20200708_095903.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 684
  • 20200708_100009.jpg
    20200708_100009.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 668
  • 20200708_114204.jpg
    20200708_114204.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 715
  • 20200708_114306.jpg
    20200708_114306.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 655
  • 20200708_114443.jpg
    20200708_114443.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 684
Very impressive Davy Jones. I did bear witness to some of these finds and that's what happens when you're on the scene @ 2 AM :wow:

Epic STELLAR hunt ! I saw you on video . I was also at that spot for 1 day. Quite a few guys out. I have been up and down the coast a bit checking out other spots as well. I too took the day off today , just to tired. 5 days in a row were tough on me.

Beautiful shots on all the gold and silver...Amazing!

Awesome show ! Great to see some CA action !

None of those southern swells made it up to my part of CA (monterey bay) . All our beaches are sanded in. Wanna trade ? :laughing:

Very impressive Davy Jones. I did bear witness to some of these finds and that's what happens when you're on the scene @ 2 AM :wow:

Thanks Rich! Had a blast hunting with you, hopefully it opens up again soon, I'll keep ya posted. One thing I love about the summer time negative low tides is that they fall in the wee hours of the morning, nice and cool weather and no large crowds to get in the way of the hunt :yes:

SICK hunt man, amazing finds and conditions by the sounds of it! Get out while you can...

Thanks Z! Yea I hear ya man, with all the covid lock downs ya gotta hit the beach when you can :yes: I like hunting at night, I can avoid large crowds entirely. I hope your area opens up soon again bro. :yes:

Epic STELLAR hunt ! I saw you on video . I was also at that spot for 1 day. Quite a few guys out. I have been up and down the coast a bit checking out other spots as well. I too took the day off today , just to tired. 5 days in a row were tough on me.

Thanks KOB! Which day were you out there? On the 3rd & 4th day I saw a few hunters hit the spot, most showed up at sun rise. Yea I noticed I ended up on a few different videos, kinda hard to avoid these days in the age of You Tube. I personally like to keep spots low key to void gold rushes :lol: Oh well...

It was fun while it lasted, I noticed on my 4th hunt, targets became deep whispers as the area was sanding back in, so I hunted in AM/PP to reach the fainties..How did you do on your hunts? I was curious about other spots but once I hit gold, its impossible for me to move :yes:

Those are awesome hunts Slim... love all the yellow :)

Thanks Craig! :cheers:

Wow...that's an impressive take, congrats!

Thanks CalReg!

Wow Slim, That is beyond impressive- congrats on that epic haul!

Thanks George! It was definitely a fun 4 day session! My year started out terrible so I'm very thankful for the success I've had the last few months :yes:

Beautiful shots on all the gold and silver...Amazing!

Thanks OBN! :cheers:

Awesome show ! Great to see some CA action !

None of those southern swells made it up to my part of CA (monterey bay) . All our beaches are sanded in. Wanna trade ? :laughing:

Thanks Tom! Hope you get some action up there soon! :yes:

Holly chit!

:wow:

That’s a nice bit of hunting!!!!

:D Thanks GroundSweeper!

That's a lot of stuff! And gold looks "ancient".

Thanks Scubacat! Yea the gold and silver has been down there a loooong time waiting to get scooped out...:yes:

Black and gold, they go together so well!

Huge congrats Slim, stay on em bruddah!

Wow, a lot more than slimpickuns! That's a serious haul. Congrats! It's interesting to see which beaches had the most sand removed. My normal haunts actually had the same or more sand.

Love that yellow, no doubt you worked hard for it.

:dingding: Amazing!!! :wow: Don't know how I missed your post earlier. I think those hunts are better than my entire year.

Back
Top Bottom