• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

157 Coins And A Heavy Sterling Charm Bracelet

diggin4clad

Elite Member
On Saturday morning after work I hunted a soccer field and on Sunday and Monday, Sue and I hunted a site where an old school built in 1923 is located. The old school is still standing but right along side of it a new school was built which most likely covers a lot of the original playground. The oldest things we dug were a pair of common date Wheat cents (yawn) but the clad total for the three days of hunting totaled 26 pennies, 5 nickels, 57 dimes, and 69 quarters for a total of 157 coins worth $23.46. Additionally, I dug a heavy sterling silver charm bracelet. The heart shaped charm has an old fashioned looking initial "A" on it. We dug a few oddball pieces of "treasure" and the ring with the pink stone (NOT silver) was an eyeball find laying on top of the grass.

Attachments

• IMG_0558.JPG
    IMG_0558.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 557
  • IMG_0550.JPG
    IMG_0550.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_0551.JPG
    IMG_0551.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_0555.JPG
    IMG_0555.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 497
It looks like you killed it again !! Congrats to you and Sue. I had a good hunt myself yesterday. I hit a new football stadium that I had never detected. The grass area near the concession stand was only about 60 X 40 yards but it produced $18.85 in clads. The rest of this stadium is either macadam of artificial turf. GL & HH.

More very fine hunting Ed for you and Sue. Congrats on yet another very nice clad haul along with some chunky Sterling. Hope you weather allows you continued digging. Mother Nature here is not being very kind to us upper Midwest detectors. Trapper

On Saturday morning after work I hunted a soccer field and on Sunday and Monday, Sue and I hunted a site where an old school built in 1923 is located. The old school is still standing but right along side of it a new school was built which most likely covers a lot of the original playground. The oldest things we dug were a pair of common date Wheat cents (yawn) but the clad total for the three days of hunting totaled 26 pennies, 5 nickels, 57 dimes, and 69 quarters for a total of 157 coins worth $23.46. Additionally, I dug a heavy sterling silver charm bracelet. The heart shaped charm has an old fashioned looking initial "A" on it. We dug a few oddball pieces of "treasure" and the ring with the pink stone (NOT silver) was an eyeball find laying on top of the grass.

That's some SWEET silver! Would love to find a piece like that! awesome!

Outstanding number of coins over a few days, wow!
Thanks Zee....

You two are like a well oiled machine ! Great job and what a partner to have at your side. Congratulations 👍👍👍👍
Thanks Yooper......we have fun detecting together and I'm fortunate that Sue loves detecting as much as I do.

It looks like you killed it again !! Congrats to you and Sue. I had a good hunt myself yesterday. I hit a new football stadium that I had never detected. The grass area near the concession stand was only about 60 X 40 yards but it produced $18.85 in clads. The rest of this stadium is either macadam of artificial turf. GL & HH.
Thanks Ron....you had a nice hunt too. Concession stands are usually a good area for a lot of coins.

More very fine hunting Ed for you and Sue. Congrats on yet another very nice clad haul along with some chunky Sterling. Hope you weather allows you continued digging. Mother Nature here is not being very kind to us upper Midwest detectors. Trapper
Thanks Trapper......it's supposed to be a lot colder than normal for the next few days so I'm hoping the ground doesn't freeze. Normally I'd have another 3-4 weeks to hunt before the season is over.

That's some SWEET silver! Would love to find a piece like that! awesome!
Thanks Skippy...….the bracelet weighs in at 39.56 grams....just about one and a quarter Troy ounces. Currently about $20 melt.

You get an "A" for this...literally. :lol:
I've seen a lot of "ring and bar" toggle clasps, but never a big, chunky one quite like that! Your precious metal buying power just got better, too! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom