• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

**2-Cent..Indians..5 Silver...Great Day!!**

Nooberz

Wow, another first for the Noobz. I have been on 3 hunts now with friends that decided to pull a 2-center. Well I was by myself today knocking doors and I got one for myself. I started off at an old Mennonite home. The owner gladly gave me permission to detect the yard. After getting pelted by acorns falling off the tree from the wind I got a nice 1941 Quarter. A little later I got the cool looking Lewis & Clark Centennial Medal. Its 1905. I left there and decided to head to the nearest town to get something to drink and I passed a house that just looked like an amazing spot to hunt. So I said screw the drink and turned around and got permission. I was nailing coins left and right in the yard. NO CLAD AT ALL..I couldn't believe it. Well I got the dime trifecta with the first 3 holes I dug. Next came a nice little 3 Indian pocket spill with the amazing 1884 and semi-key 1868 Indians in it. A short while later I got a wheat signal and out popped my 1867 2-center. I took so long to dig it out from under a root but well worth it!! This yard was huge and took forever to cover, but what a great day. Knocking doors is the way to go!!!!

Attachments

• DSC_1031.JPG
    DSC_1031.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 389
  • DSC_1055.jpg
    DSC_1055.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 377
  • DSC_1040.JPG
    DSC_1040.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 370
  • DSC_1057.jpg
    DSC_1057.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 374
  • DSC_1056.jpg
    DSC_1056.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 371
  • DSC_1048.JPG
    DSC_1048.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 361
  • DSC_1050.JPG
    DSC_1050.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 370
yep this post BELONGS in the eye popping section, one of the best days you have had all yr.....post up some of your finds from the HOLE Kyle!!!!!! People will love to see em!

Awesome finds, gotta do some knockin'! Congrats on a great day and a nice variety of finds!

>… I was by myself today knocking doors…<

Just curious, what exactly do you say to someone when they open the door? Sounds like you get permission quite often.

Thanks,
Brian

>… I was by myself today knocking doors…<

Just curious, what exactly do you say to someone when they open the door? Sounds like you get permission quite often.

Thanks,
Brian

All it comes down to is introducing yourself and that you have a hobby of metal detecting. From there you just need to think of a nice way to ask if you can detect their yard. Hard to explain by typing. Goes4ever has a real nice setup on his website that explains the process. Its all about not being nervous or scared to do it. :grin:

http://goes4ever.mymdforum.com/

Back
Top Bottom