Rusty died in it's sleep

Pulltabby

Forum Supporter
My dear 19 year old cat died peacefully at home. he has been wobbly a few days and was going to bring to vet...but kind of a blessing it went into a spare dog crate in it's room, and this morning will have to bury him. It was a large white cat with blue eyes. Survived living outside and inside all these years.

thanks for reading

oj/bc

ps Not sure if right/wrong but let the dog see it for a short time. The dog/cat even would eat from same dish and kind of friends.

I am genuinely sorry and know how it feels losing a pet that has been part of the family, years ago I cried like a baby when our previous dog we had for about 15 years passed away. Personally I think it was right for you to let the dog see him so he/she would know what happened and not be looking for Rusty wondering where he was at.

Last edited:
X2 what GKL said. Yea, I think that's one of the reasons I don't get another pet , I get to attached.
Maybe that's why I don't keep my women that long, I pay more attention to the dogs and cats. :heartylaugh: Sorry ladies , no disrespect intended.

That's very sad... so sorry to hear about your cat. I have experienced the loss of some pets (hamster, birds), but none that I'd had for 19 years. I can't imagine losing my sweet doggie. I will pray for comfort in this hard time.

Sorry to hear this. Going through same with my 14.5 yr old lab. Any day could be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rusty was free as an inside and outside pet. If I was a cat, that'd be heaven. Keep the good memories. You did good.

We lost the greatest dog 2 weeks ago. Roscoe was a corgi mix, but a bird dog at heart. He loved birds. I hatch out pheasants and quail. Roscoe knew eggs turned into birds and would check the incubator daily. He would let us know when they were hatching and keep the cat and other dogs away and try to keep me away too. If a wild baby bird fell out of a tree he would protect it. Three times I watched him stop hawks from attacking our chickens. He was also the only dog I had that understood death. The first pet funeral he attended was for our parakeet. In nice weather I would clean Bird's cage outside by setting it on the ground and removing the bottom tray. Roscoe would watch Bird until I was done and attack any varmint that tried to get close. At Bird's funeral Roscoe sat next to the grave for 2 hours. I got the parakeet from a boss's divorce. Sumbitch wanted to let him go. I wasn't attached to Bird and it wasn't a sad funeral until Roscoe started sitting Shiva. My wife asked "what's he doing?" I could barely answer "He's saying goodbye to a friend". Roscoe sat for many funerals. I truly believe he was saying goodbye to his friends.
I'm sorry for your loss. It was nice of you to let your dog say goodbye. Who knows what is going through an animals head. I don't think we give animals enough credit for having the same emotions that make us human.

Sorry for your loss of what was obviously a good cat...plus the dog combo team they had going on...whew...tough one there, you did good to take care of an animal that long Pulltabby...

So sorry for your loss. I'm glad you gave your dog closure as well. I have a cat at my parents thats around 20, I dread the day thats coming.

Back
Top Bottom