Science Fiction fans what is your favorite show or movie?

Apophis

I am a big time science fiction nerd lol. I have been obsessed with Star Wars since i was a young kid and was big into Stargate SG1 when it was still on TV (that is where the user name came from). What shows/movies are you guys obsessed with?

I am a big time science fiction nerd lol. I have been obsessed with Star Wars since i was a young kid and was big into Stargate SG1 when it was still on TV (that is where the user name came from). What shows/movies are you guys obsessed with?

I am a fan of all of them, still am.
Thank God for Netflix and Amazon Prime where I can pull up and watch any episode of all the Star Trek and SG series anytime I feel like it on a whim.

I was there when Star Trek tos first came on, loved and watched every episode of all the others along with all the different Stargate versions.
Heck, I am old enough to have seen the first runs of the original Twilight Zones, all the Outer Limits and I was even a fan of the hokey Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants and even The Invaders show with their odd colored palms and bent pinky fingers.
Out of all of them I would have to say that the greatest show overall would have to be Babylon 5 for several reasons.
J. Michael Straczynski is a writing genius, the whole story was conceived as a 5 year arc and was actually achieved despite moving to a different network about halfway through.
Several full length movies were produced to tie up loose ends in case the series ended prematurely and each character had a trapdoor written into each of them in case any one needed to be moved in or out of the storyline.
Deep Space 9 and several other shows had story arcs that went several seasons and were completed but none had the exact feel of B5.
That show was about as close to the same as reading a novel as you can get, and if you watch all the episodes along with the corresponding movies in chronological order the experience is something extremely entertaining and totally unique...especially in this day and age where Enterprise couldn't even make it to 5 seasons.

J. Michael Straczynski is a writing genius

And is one of the authors who actually got "time plot" correct with the whole "War Without End" thing. The only other really good example of getting time plot right that I can think of was the Dr. Who episode, "Blink". More often than not, time travel is a crutch used to rescue poor writing.

I love B5. It is tied as my favorite tv sci-fi series (tied with Firefly). Despite Bruce Boxleitner, the cast was chock full of really good actors, right down to the character actor Wayne Alexander who showed up in many roles throughout the series (My favorite was a Sebastian on the episode "Comes the Inquisitor"). I particularly liked the chemistry between G'Kar and Londo.

And is one of the authors who actually got "time plot" correct with the whole "War Without End" thing. The only other really good example of getting time plot right that I can think of was the Dr. Who episode, "Blink". More often than not, time travel is a crutch used to rescue poor writing.

I love B5. It is tied as my favorite tv sci-fi series (tied with Firefly). Despite Bruce Boxleitner, the cast was chock full of really good actors, right down to the character actor Wayne Alexander who showed up in many roles throughout the series (My favorite was a Sebastian on the episode "Comes the Inquisitor"). I particularly liked the chemistry between G'Kar and Londo.

How can you not love a guy who managed to talk Penn and Teller into doing a cameo on one of his shows?

As far as Firefly or the great movie Serenity...Josh Whedon is another genius and to me a very funny and entertaining writer, (Buffy, Angel), whose talent, writing and directing skills only grew when he made the jump to the big screen.

How can you not love a guy who managed to talk Penn and Teller into doing a cameo on one of his shows?

As far as Firefly or the great movie Serenity...Josh Whedon is another genius and to me a very funny and entertaining writer, (Buffy, Angel), whose talent, writing and directing skills only grew when he made the jump to the big screen.

"Day of the Dead" was one of the few good episodes of Season 5. It was written by Neil Gaiman.

Stargate SG-1 had to be my favorite. I also did enjoy Stargate Atlantis. The one after that I really couldn't stand.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 was won I rather enjoyed from time to time.

NebTrac

Favorite Sci-Fi TV show: The original "Outer Limits"

Favorite Sci-Fi movie: When Worlds Collide (1951) or Them! (1954)

-- Tom

I like all of the above, maybe Outer Limits and Babylon 5 have a bit of an edge. Yes I am old enough to have seen the original OL broadcast in black and white at first. I have to say my favorite of all science fiction is Forbidden Planet, unbelievably good for the time period it was produced.

OK call me strange for a 60 year old but!

I love Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter (the movies), Blade, Stargate. Raider of the Lost Ark series.

OK call me strange for a 60 year old but!

I love Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter (the movies), Blade, Stargate. Raider of the Lost Ark series.

Lol your not strange what is strange is me and some guys would group up and play video games every Friday and this one guy was 90 and was playing battlefield. Now that is strange lol.

Atomic Armageddon and Bug Eyed Monsters

Them!, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, This Island Earth, The Thing from Another World, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Quatermass and the Pit, The Blob(1958), Forbidden Planet, The War of the Worlds(1953), The Time Machine(1960).

HH,
John Morton

All of the above except Babylon 5, Bruce Boxleitner was never one of my favorites and I missed some of the first few episodes and lost interest. Too bad they are not on reruns. I may have to try netflix.

Surprised no one mentioned The Matrix ,Terminator, or Lord of the Rings series!!

"MR Anderson!"

I was wondering if thats where you got your user name. Stargate SG-1 is my all time favorite series , and Atlantis wasnt bad. I am anxiously waiting for the new stargate movies or series to come out since from what Ive read they have one in the works.

Battlestar galactica was really good too , the more recent version not the original.

But I also enjoy the 100 , walking dead , .........and even though I originally thought I would hate it I am enjoying the flash.

I was wondering if thats where you got your user name. Stargate SG-1 is my all time favorite series , and Atlantis wasnt bad. I am anxiously waiting for the new stargate movies or series to come out since from what Ive read they have one in the works.

Battlestar galactica was really good too , the more recent version not the original.

But I also enjoy the 100 , walking dead , .........and even though I originally thought I would hate it I am enjoying the flash.

I really loved SGU later in the series as well i am secretly hoping that they atleast make a movie to tie up that loose end.

Back
Top Bottom