Fair price for this ring?

stewart73

Forum Supporter
Need a new Excal so my big gold find has to go into the detector fund. I want to of course get a fair price for it but one that the buyer is also happy with. Had a look on Ebay for similar items sold but the prices seem to be all over the place...some over spot some below. And with diamonds the pricing seems to get even more complicated. What would be a fair price for this? I'd like to eventually list it for sale here.

• 13 grams
  • 18k WG
  • 20 tiny diamonds and 1 larger, central diamond
  • Diamond weights also marked inside ring
  • A few scratches/scuff marks but otherwise fine

P1070138-2.jpg

P1070139-1.jpg

P1070140-1.jpg

P1070133-1.jpg

Diamonds are hard to resell. Even if you get them graded the resale is very low. Nice looking ring.

Thanks guys. So would just the melt value ($552 today) be a fair price do you think?
There is a gold refiner many on here recommend, ARA I think? They seem to offer the closest to melt I have seen for your gold.

If you bring it to a gold buyer most will offer you 30% under melt or less. Some waaaay less.

If I had the money I would buy it from you for melt and just hang onto it. Gold is money, banks are thieves.

http://www.aragold.com/about-ara.html

There is a gold refiner many on here recommend, ARA I think? They seem to offer the closest to melt I have seen for your gold.

If you bring it to a gold buyer most will offer you 30% under melt or less. Some waaaay less.

If I had the money I would buy it from you for melt and just hang onto it. Gold is money.

http://www.aragold.com/about-ara.html

Thanks, yeah heard of them but living in Japan kind of complicates things. Hoping just to sell to an individual that buys either gold jewelry or just gold scrap. :yes:

Well if your trying to resell as a piece rather than melt I would TRY to get at least $100-$150 over melt for it.. I would say aim for around $650-$700 depending on how your selling it, you have to add in the shipping/tracking/fees.... If selling local try to get $100 over spot.. Better than just spot price. If anything if no takers then start to lower the price..

I have a diamond ring in perfect condition also that I want to sell as a piece and not melt. Gonna do the same thing I suggested to you and go from there.

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom