zincolns

Trapper

Okay everybody, let me ask you this. How many of you dig shallow penny signals all the time? How often are they not pennies but something more valuable. Do you give up after X number of pennies? Should we never ignore strong penny signals? Forum members, your thoughts?

I dig it all...pennies dimes whatever.

Just the other day I dug up a cool medal given out to a middle school music student.
Thought I was digging a Zincoln, pleasantly surprised it wasn't.
Also a bunch of other cool things are made out of zinc.
Toys, toy cars, for example.

DIG IT ALL!!!

I would dig it all. It may be a penny, but after 100s of them, they start to add up. I keep all my coins in glass gallon glass jars and my penny jar has well over $15.00 in it. That is after only 3 months. I will never turn down money - even zincolns, they count the same as a 79 copper.

I also 2nd the other post about getting some other things when thinking it is a zincoln. I have dug many neat things that my detector read as a zinc.

I dig 'em, you never know when it will be a silver ring or pendant or something cool! On a hunt a couple of weeks ago I had a perfect and very strong zincoln signal at 3 inches by a sidewalk. I cut a plug and pulled out a dime, two pennies, a quarter and six nickels all stacked in tight in the hole.

I once found three Indian head pennies no more than a half-inch deep. I knew they were gonna be zinc pennies. Right.

Dug a strong 55+ VDI that didn't waver at 3 inches. Got a beautiful very large golden clasp earring. 8 grams I think. Couldn't believe a zinc could sound so good.

The value of the pennies can turn into other stuff that you can buy! Some on this forum have used it to buy silver. If I dig it and it's worth something it's going home with me. A penny saved is a penny earned!

i agree. i dig them if i can find them. before i started MDing, I wouldn't even think twice to walk past a penny on the ground. NOW... I pick up everything I see on the ground as I walk into the parking lots. money is money. I started sorting my change immediately upon receipt at stores and such. Found 4 wheaties in the past 2 weeks in the form of change back.

I was quite impressed. LOL

I have been in areas with few targets so far. That being said I have been digging every hit to get to learn my machine, compare what the machine says it is to what is actually in the ground.

The best thing about pennies is they're like free money. No one seems to care about them and toss them away. I pick them up all the time, they add up and are the easiest money to save.

Back
Top Bottom