Silvers 38 & 39 followed by Valium, Boubon and Percocet

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
I never said I was smart...neurosurgeon has me scheduled for June 20th. If he's not worried about my back I'm not either! Lol.

I begged Gonebeeping to detect with me in case my back went out. I brought along some poker chips and GB would check my chips with the CTX to save me as much digging as possible.

We hunted a school/church that has been hunted since the 70s. My plan was to just get out of the house because I'm bored to death. Well, that hunted out spot coughed up a super worn Merc (either 1918 or 1919, but can't determine which), a really nice 1945P war nickel, a 41 wheat and just a couple clad coins.

GB also scored a couple Silvers and wheats. We hunted half the time in a light drizzling rain. Thank goodness for waterproof detectors and no worries.

Back held up ok because GB minimized my digging by checking my targets with the CTX. I was also very careful.

GBs CTX found a silver and a wheat that I didn't get a peep from from my ATP 5x8. CTX is a beast.

After I post this I'm heading for the bourbon and pain meds, but in a much better mood!!!!!

760b7be0730533198d9a8b2457e37536.jpg

b3c50997ea16fdc03187434937ccbc5b.jpg

657e366a84cf49bc304e9c8628515dd1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Congrats on the silver! I'm glad that you got out and got to do some detecting. I know that you must have been really bored!

beephead

Big Congrats on the silver! I'm glad that you got out and got to do some detecting. I know that you must have been really bored!

beephead

You have no idea how many detecting videos and metal detector research I did the past 8 days laid up in the house!

Thanks beephead.

Nice finds! Hope your back gets better

Thanks ww. Im hoping to get surgery asap so don't have to worry about my vertebrae moving around in the future. Util then I'll be as good as I can, but not working or playing makes me a little crazy!

Congrats on the silver today Jerry! I'm glad you could get out for a little while, I know you must be getting stir crazy. Just realized you only dug 1 wheat this afternoon, thats how many I got also!

Congrats on the silver today Jerry! I'm glad you could get out for a little while, I know you must be getting stir crazy. Just realized you only dug 1 wheat this afternoon, thats how many I got also!

Thanks Kenny. Glad ya were up for it. I was so happy to get out of the dang house!!!

That's some nice digs for a crippled man! LOL. I don't think I've seen a Merc as worn as that one. If chemicals it takes to swing, then chemicals it is! Good luck, HH, and get that back feeling better brother!

Congrats on the Silvers. Good luck with the surgery!!!

That's some nice digs for a crippled man! LOL. I don't think I've seen a Merc as worn as that one. If chemicals it takes to swing, then chemicals it is! Good luck, HH, and get that back feeling better brother!

Thanks guys! Was very happy to get out and not have too much pain. Just being careful for now.

Glad to hear you could get out and hunt awhile. Even better that you came back with some silver. Sounds like you have the pain relief under control.:D Sure hope the surgeon is able to fix you up good as new.:yes:

WTG jwp, Nice hunt, nice finds. Congratulations. Hope you get the back issue solved soon. Good Luck, Happy Hunting.

Outstanding! Way to go on the hunt and getting outside with a good friend!

I saw some videos a few years ago of some guy hunting out of a wheelchair...He did right well even...if theres a will theres a way! Hopefully you will feel better today for getting out and getting some air and silver!
Mud

Glad to hear you could get out and hunt awhile. Even better that you came back with some silver. Sounds like you have the pain relief under control.:D Sure hope the surgeon is able to fix you up good as new.:yes:

Thanks foreverRich. Lol

WTG jwp, Nice hunt, nice finds. Congratulations. Hope you get the back issue solved soon. Good Luck, Happy Hunting.

Thanks jerr-man. Having digging buddies willing to help out is a big bonus!

Outstanding! Way to go on the hunt and getting outside with a good friend!

I saw some videos a few years ago of some guy hunting out of a wheelchair...He did right well even...if theres a will theres a way! Hopefully you will feel better today for getting out and getting some air and silver!

Mud

Thanks Mud! There is a gentlemen on the forum here who hunts from a wheel chair. He does well and is an inspiration.

Back
Top Bottom