No more clad!

HoosierDigger

Been on bit of a clad streak... got a '50 Rosie this afternoon at the same place I found my '44 Walker Half. Added a couple wheats ( too toasty, can see date yet ) and a '46 Jefferson.. an of course some clad.

A first for me... Max Factor rouge makeup tin and a chunk of what I believe is silver. It is heavy and rings up solid 90 on AT Pro.

Work and weather has kept me from hunting however today was a great day and I'm happy with my finds.

Happy hunting, friends!

Attachments

• IMG_6206.jpg
    IMG_6206.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 393
Nice finds! Still...big stinky clad sure adds up...its a great skill to master! Teaches a fellow all sorts of things about dirt metal, clad teaches us how to find silver! :laughing:
I know its funny to be a focused cladder and get some silver every once in a while, but by cracky, in the end, a massive cladder generally pulls better pay..

Dont lose your love for clad, silver and gold are both cruel mistresses, clad is the easy date!:laughing:
Mud

I'm yelling "more clad!". While I love finding keepers, I know realistically that the more silver and gold we dig, the less silver and gold there is to dig. All my good finds get cataloged and put in binders. All the clad gets tumbled and goes directly back into the hobby. I like fun money! Good luck and HH!

Another thing to think about. Even the clad isn't being replenished any more. No-one uses cash, or carries coin. I kind of think of modern clad as the last hoorah of our hobby. Once the old coin is gone, and we scavenge the clad at 5 and 6 bucks a day, all we have left is fresh dropped jewelry....that isn't stacking up waiting to be found either.

Thank you all for your replies... don't get me wrong, I like any kind of coin, clad or otherwise. This is a great hobby with lots of good people. I love getting out and enjoying the fresh air, getting little exercise and finding treasure!

True

Another thing to think about. Even the clad isn't being replenished any more. No-one uses cash, or carries coin. I kind of think of modern clad as the last hoorah of our hobby. Once the old coin is gone, and we scavenge the clad at 5 and 6 bucks a day, all we have left is fresh dropped jewelry....that isn't stacking up waiting to be found either.

Well said, slim pickingz on all. Take any and all I can get be silver or clad. Even thinking never have my bling on the boat or out at kids games in the fields. Everybody just give up and leave more for me to find...:lol::lol::lol:

If all the clad was gone.... I would have to start paying out of pocket for batteries!

Nice pulls on the silver. I think your gob of molten shtuff will turn out to be aluminum, or solder, but I hope it is silver!! ( a drop of chlorox on the ugly side will tell you immediately.)

Good digs!

Pawaide

Back
Top Bottom